PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas weekday games--What are they like?

Abagadro
01-20-2003, 11:35 PM
Just wondering what the general tenor of weekday games are like down in Vegas. The place I play (Wendover) has vitually non-existent (or all locals) weeknight games so that is where my experience is coming from. Are the weekday games down there significantly different than the weekend crowd? It is worth the extra $40 a night to stay over a weekend to get the juicier games?

PokerBabe(aka)
01-20-2003, 11:59 PM
In general, the weekend games are "better" than the weekday games in Vegas. I would say that it's always worth 40bucks to stay in Vegas longer. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif LGPG, and if you are around, introduce yourself. Babe /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

HDPM
01-21-2003, 12:25 AM
IME the weekday games vary by shift a lot. Swing shift is often very good. Those "tough locals" get off work and go have a few beers and play cards just like people everywhere. The dayshift crew of retirees can be pretty tight at times. I have been in jacks or better to open holdem games on dayshift. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif Graveyard varies, but is also better than dayshift IME.

As far as when to stay, stay over a weekend AND during the week. Then you can see the Babe more and spend more time in Las Vegas. A win-win proposition that doesn't cost much more since the weekday rooms are cheap.

Hobart
01-21-2003, 12:31 AM
The weekend games are generally much better. I usually stay in Las Vegas from a Thursday thru Tuesday or Wednesday and play 20 40 at the Mirage or 15-30 to 30-60 at the Bellagio although I tend to play more at the Mirage if the games are decent. Do you play both places also?

Abagadro
01-21-2003, 12:32 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
As far as when to stay, stay over a weekend AND during the week. Then you can see the Babe more and spend more time in Las Vegas. A win-win proposition that doesn't cost much more since the weekday rooms are cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell that to my wife.
/forums/images/icons/grin.gif

PokerBabe(aka)
01-21-2003, 12:43 AM
Hi Hobart- The Babe's games range from Mirage 10-20 to Bellagio 30-60, but lately I've been at the Mirage. It's less noisy, especially on holiday weekends. BTW, the 20-40 is now 9 handed. I was told that this was because of "player request". However, I suspect that the game goes much faster with 9 vs 10 players because they still use 5.00 chips and it takes a long time to count em down. Also, it's hard to keep the 2nd 20-40 going, so they feel that having a smaller number of players at the game will keep a "list going". LGPG, Babe /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

PokerBabe(aka)
01-21-2003, 12:55 AM
Tell that to my wife. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif LOL, Babe /forums/images/icons/heart.gif