PDA

View Full Version : How to Play short stack with 4 People Left

J Chap
06-20-2005, 12:46 AM
What is the most effective way to play a short-stack on the bubble? For instance, if the blinds are 150/300, and the chip distribution is as follows:

1000 chips = Me
1150 chips = Guy in the Next Cubicle
3000 chips = Boss
2850 chips = Boss's Illegitimate Son Who Will Inherit the Company

Obviously I need to still play hands for their value, and I probably need to push anytime I touch my chips right here.

Still, at this point, am I just trying to survive, or am I actually trying to set myself up for 1st or 2nd?

Can somebody approximate the minimum starting hand worth pushing on the button in this sitch?

future
06-20-2005, 01:17 AM
The question is whether or not you need the brownie points.

lastchance
06-20-2005, 01:42 AM
I gamble here. You really need chips, if I haven't completely ruined my image yet, I bring it to the table right here.

Any Pair, Any ace, any King, most Queens, some Jacks, plus some suited tens or something. About 50% of hands here. I really want those chips, even though people will call.

You need to gambool here, even though your hand might not be good.

It doesn't really matter whether you're playing to survive, playing to win, or playing to get money (like we all are). You need to get chips to do any of those things, and the best way to get chips is push.

Myst
06-20-2005, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't really matter whether you're playing to survive, playing to win, or playing to get money (like we all are). You need to get chips to do any of those things, and the best way to get chips is push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. The only time I slow down really is if Im one of the medium stacks. And even then, not by much.

adanthar
06-20-2005, 01:49 AM
Let the Wookie win.

PokerCat69
06-20-2005, 01:49 AM
Ax, Kx, Q8+, J8+, T8+, 78s+(suited connector) 22+

This is what I'd play, but come on folks share the actual hands you play here.

lastchance
06-20-2005, 01:54 AM
Not pushing Q7s here is a major mistake. Heh. I'd revise that range a lot.

I'm definitely pushing down to Q5o or so, probably pushing any suited queen. J7 is probably a push, at least suited.

I don't push T8 unless it's suited. I might push T9o. Don't know if I like pushing suited connectors, though I'm probably pushing 98s.

Just my advice on pushing ranges. T8 is nowhere near as good as Q6. Need to push the latter, not the former.