PDA

View Full Version : ** STTF-HU Calcutta Site Now LIVE!!! **

GrekeHaus
06-19-2005, 11:02 PM
Skipper Bob wanted me to repost this as a new seperate post because he thinks it may have gotten lost in the first thread.

I think he's probably right, so here it is again!!!

OK, I've got the live site up and running. In order to log in and bid, you'll need and account. In order to get an account, you'll need to PM either me or skipperbob to get one. If we know you and can trust you, you should get one within 24 hours. If not, you'll need to somehow convince skipper that your money is good.

The current list of players is limited to only those players who have already paid their entry fees. There are others who have made bids on themselves, but as of yet have not paid. They will be added as soon as I have word that they've paid their entry fee.

Any technical questions about the site should be directed to me (skipperbob won't be able to help).

--GH

http://nonninja.net/~bstanton/calcutta/

skipperbob
06-19-2005, 11:10 PM
PLEASE NOTE: ANY & ALL 2+2'er'S ARE WELCOME TO VISIT THE SITE AND BID ON THE CALCUTTA IF THEY CHOOSE TO DO SO. IT IS /images/graemlins/ooo.gifNOT LIMITED /images/graemlins/ooo.gifTO ONLY THOSE THAT ARE GOING TO ATTEND THE EVENT /images/graemlins/blush.gif

skipperbob
06-19-2005, 11:31 PM
Let me see if I understand /images/graemlins/confused.gif I have organized 2 different calcuttas at a potential cost to me of more than $2,000 and NOW I find out I might "draw" Yugo and I might already "own" Yugo....This deal is Frickin' rigged /images/graemlins/confused.gif

GrekeHaus
06-19-2005, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Let me see if I understand /images/graemlins/confused.gif I have organized 2 different calcuttas at a potential cost to me of more than $2,000 and NOW I find out I might "draw" Yugo and I might already "own" Yugo....This deal is Frickin' rigged /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to cut your losses, I'll pay you $20 for him unless somebody outbids you.

Admit it...for a second there you considered that someone else might actually bid on him. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

skipperbob
06-20-2005, 10:11 AM
bump

Bigwig
06-20-2005, 11:59 AM
Heh.

Insty
06-20-2005, 12:42 PM
Is it possible to set up a read-only mode for those of us who just want to look and see what is going on?

Irieguy
06-20-2005, 01:13 PM
After beating up on Raptor HU over the weekend, I decided to make a pity bid for him.

This will piss him off, so he'll out bid me.

I'll then start a bidding war with Raptor until he has put in $5K of dead money, and then I'll let him hold the bid so that I can get Zen and Myself at 10-1 odds.

Booyah.

Irieguy

GrekeHaus
06-20-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible to set up a read-only mode for those of us who just want to look and see what is going on?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll try and work on this tonight.

--GH

GrekeHaus
06-20-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After beating up on Raptor HU over the weekend, I decided to make a pity bid for him.

I'll then start a bidding war with Raptor until he has put in $5K of dead money, and then I'll let him hold the bid so that I can get Zen and Myself at 10-1 odds.

Booyah.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Your play, brilliant in my opinion.

The question is...can you actually get him to put enough in there so that skipper is getting reasonable odds on Yugo?

Apathy
06-20-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Booyah.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Your play, brilliant in my opinion.

The question is...can you actually get him to put enough in there so that skipper is getting reasonable odds on Yugo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's just crazy talk

GrekeHaus
06-20-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll try and work on this tonight.

--GH

[/ QUOTE ]

I started working on this and then decided against the idea. I don't really want to post this information publicly. If you're interested, just send me a PM and I'll get you an account.

--GH

ilya
06-20-2005, 09:16 PM
When does bidding close?

raptor517
06-20-2005, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Booyah.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

thats like a free million dollars for raptor. holla

skipperbob
06-20-2005, 09:24 PM
When the "cards are in the air"

ilya
06-20-2005, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When the "cards are in the air"

[/ QUOTE ]

But what does this mean? For example....when the first match is scheduled to begin, or when the first match actually begins? Or something else?
Sorry about the n00bness.

skipperbob
06-20-2005, 09:50 PM
When the first card leaves the hand of the dealer in the first game is when "the cards are in the air"

Now, to try to be a little less doctrinaire, I could be convinced that "cards in the air" is not the best time to close the "LAC"...Particularly because it gives all the edge to the attending participants to the detriment of the non-attendees....So, if I get very much opposition to the "cards in the air" concept I will probably declare an earlier closing point. (It's good to be King) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ilya
06-20-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When the first card leaves the hand of the dealer in the first game is when "the cards are in the air"

Now, to try to be a little less doctrinaire, I could be convinced that "cards in the air" is not the best time to close the "LAC"...Particularly because it gives all the edge to the attending participants to the detriment of the non-attendees....So, if I get very much opposition to the "cards in the air" concept I will probably declare an earlier closing point. (It's good to be King) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I'm unconfused now.

GrekeHaus
06-21-2005, 04:57 PM
I think I'm all caught up with giving accounts to people who have asked. If you've asked me and have not yet recieved an account (or if you haven't asked but want one) send me a PM. The Prize Pool is already up to $3,100! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Also, I was thinking of adding a second live action calcutta for smaller stakes. This one would be more oriented towards those of us still stuck in the 11s and 22s who don't have monster bankrolls. It would also give a better chance of winning a player to those people who won't be in attendence. Or course, I still strongly encourage anybody to bid, so if Raptor wants to bid $1,000 on himself, that's cool with me.

My idea would be this. I would initially buy all the players for $20 (yes, even Yugo). Subsequent bids will be in increments of $10, so hopefully people will go crazy trying to outbid each other and we would still likely get a prize pool of $1,000+. Also, instead of doing a winner takes all, I was thinking of doing a 70/30 split for the top two places.

I would probably close the bidding about 2 weeks or so prior to the event in order for me to make sure everyone paid up. I'd give the winners a few days to pay up, and as is the case with the other tourney, if someone doesn't pay up in time, the bid will go to the second highest bidder. Also, anyone who doesn't pay up will be publicly mocked and humiliated on the forum. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Let me know if there is interest in this.

--GH

skipperbob
06-21-2005, 05:14 PM
Yugo is now "valued" higher than the Incredibly-Lovely SFB in the STTFHUC Live Auction Calcutta. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

THIS MAKES BABY JESUS CRY /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Big Limpin'
06-22-2005, 08:10 AM
Ilya @ $150....good value bet?