PDA

View Full Version : 99 against a limp reraise

DrewOnTilt
06-19-2005, 10:59 PM
The limp reraiser in this hand is a moron who limp reraises because it's funny. He pulled a LRR almost every time he came into a hand and I raised. This hand was the only limp reraise hand where he actually went to a showdown, so I have no clue what he was holding in any previous limp reraise.

Does anybody play this hand differently? Does anyone cap preflop? I felt 99 was a bit too marginal given all of the callers.

On the flop I gave serious thought to a 3-bet but weenied out since UTG+2 had only been at the table for a few hands and I did not have much of a read on him.

When the Jack paired and UTG checked the turn I figured he did not have trips so I bet. I checked the river down because of the 2nd overcard.

How's my line?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (18.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls $3.83 (All-In), Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (13.08 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 folds.

River: (15.08 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 15.08 BB

DrewOnTilt
06-19-2005, 11:04 PM
How, if at all, should I adapt my raising standards when a loose raiser to my right likes to limp reraise?

My thinking is that I should be more inclined to raise with hands such as

K /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif
K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
K /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif
A /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif or better

and less inclined to raise hands such as
A /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif
K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Medium pairs 77-TT.

Thoughts?

ihardlyknowher
06-20-2005, 12:38 AM
I would definitely 3-bet the flop to force the others out. The pot is big and you should increase your chances to win it. I would also bet the river. BB has shown no aggression and there is not a greater than 55% chance he has a T.

Paxosmotic
06-20-2005, 12:43 AM
I love a 3-bet here. By the time CO LRRs, there's 18.5SB in the pot (not taking rake into account). This pot is going to be large enough for you to profitably draw to a 9 regardless, so it's time to start protecting your hand. Face the field with two cold and you'll probably drop 1 or 2 of the others. I then probably raise the flop and take the free showdown that it buys me. I'll predictably bet if a 9 drops and call any bets.

DrewOnTilt
06-20-2005, 02:07 AM
What range of hands could we put BB on that I beat and that he will call down with? Lower PP?

Paxosmotic
06-20-2005, 02:53 AM
AKo, AQs/o, KQs/o or a lower pocket pair. I think that by facing him with 3 cold preflop you may be able to get rid of him before the hand even gets going, though.

sy_or_bust
06-20-2005, 03:05 AM
I bet the river.

Niediam
06-20-2005, 03:45 AM
Cap prefop for value - do you see why?

Raise the flop to try and get overcards out.

I like the rest of the hand.