PDA

View Full Version : Ace wrist splint

Sponger15SB
06-19-2005, 10:33 PM
I bought this today at Vons

http://www.medicalmailorder.com/images/acewristsplint.jpg

It works extremely well and it very well fitting and comfortable.

I just bought it today to replace a piece of [censored] one I bought from comp usa.

That is all.

RaiNz
06-20-2005, 02:06 AM
I use SmartGlove. My wrist feels nice, or normal I guess after a long poker session.

clutch
06-20-2005, 02:10 AM
Wrist Saver (http://www.freshgirls.tv/pg/gmp/google.html)

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SmileyEH
06-20-2005, 02:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wrist Saver (http://www.freshgirls.tv/pg/gmp/google.html)

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

omg this is the funniest thing i've ever seen.

-SmileyEH

StacysMom
06-20-2005, 03:19 AM
how much is it and where did u get it?

StacysMom
06-20-2005, 05:20 AM
bump, my wrist is f'n killin me

sexdrugsmoney
06-20-2005, 05:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
bump, my wrist is f'n killin me

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgive my ingorance, but what are these actually used for?

Cheers,
SDM

Sponger15SB
06-20-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I use SmartGlove. My wrist feels nice, or normal I guess after a long poker session.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that was the one I bought at comp USA. I thought it was pretty crappy, and this ace thing is a dream compared it it.

I'd reccomend anyone to switch. $20 is worth the use of your arm for the rest of your life. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sponger15SB
06-20-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Forgive my ingorance, but what are these actually used for?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its used to keep your wrist straight and prevent the start of carpal tunnel like symptoms and it also stops the spread of pain and things like that.

Basically I made this post so that people know there are easy and comfy alternatives to having lots of wrist pain.

grinin
06-20-2005, 04:59 PM
Carpal Tunnel is a bitch and playing 4+ hours a day on 2-4 tables with a mouse is an easy way to get it.

I have been playing about 25 hours a week for the last 8 months or so and I never thought there was that much stress on my wrist, but I guess I was wrong. A couple weeks ago I noticed that my mouse hand was starting to hurt. Within a week I had to switch to my other hand to play. I was actually wondering if I had twisted it or whacked it somehow without realizing it. I thought there was no way it could be CT. Especially since it hurt all the time, not just when I was using the mouse. Went to the Doc within a week of it first starting to hurt. She prescribed an anti-inflammatory and said I would have to wear a wrist splint 24/7 for at least the next two weeks (longer if it still hurt) and any time I used a computer thereafter. Trust me, if I had even an inkling of what could happen I would have been wearing one of these every time I played.

I also just purchased a new gyration mouse to hopefully eliminate the stress of the standard mouse. Will let you know the results.

sublime
06-20-2005, 05:16 PM
Basically I made this post so that people know there are easy and comfy alternatives to having lots of wrist pain.

after 7k posts, you finally decide to post something usefull and the best you can do is schill a wristband.

sublime
06-20-2005, 05:31 PM
btw, is Vons like walmart or something? where can i get one of these things on the east coast?

Sponger15SB
06-20-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
after 7k posts, you finally decide to post something usefull and the best you can do is schill a wristband.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you took the time out of your busy schedule pimping bodog to make fun of me and my wristband.

LoaferGee12
06-20-2005, 05:35 PM
Does anyone have one of those vertical mouses? I'm thinking about getting one of those so long as it's easy to use.

sublime
06-20-2005, 05:35 PM
I'm glad you took the time out of your busy schedule pimping bodog to make fun of me and my wristband.

actually, i was busy pimping sites i make money at when i came across this POTY. keep up the good work. for post #15k can we have a review on leg warmers?

captain_swing
06-20-2005, 07:03 PM
I had serious tendenitis issues as well. I bought an ergonomic and optical mouse which helped. But what made the most difference was meeting with a physical therapist (a friend of mine actually). He showed me six simple stretches which make all the difference. Also I read about ergonomic mousing and keyboarding which really helped. My wrist is doing great now.

BluffTHIS!
06-20-2005, 07:55 PM
I only occasionally have experienced some problems playing but when I do just start using my left hand for a while which feels funny at first but you get used to it. I also sometimes just move my right hand to the left so I have to use my middle finger instead of my index to operate the left mouse button and that helps as well. It probably would be smart to just rotate doing these things all the time and not only when having a problem.

ds914
06-20-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was actually wondering if I whacked it somehow without realizing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what happened to the guy in clutch's link.