PDA

View Full Version : Big blind defense in pots with a posted blind

LarsVegas
06-19-2005, 09:55 PM
If there is another big blind posted around the table, my default play is that if there is a raise from someone else and folded in-between to me (including the poster), meaning that I close the action with a call and go headsup to the flop, my default play has become to call with excactly any two in that spot.

Right or no?

lars

stanky
06-19-2005, 10:11 PM
Please explain better. What position are you in, BB? What position is the raiser? Where is the poster?

Nevermind, it's never correct to call with any two?

tomahawk
06-20-2005, 01:33 AM
get peter_rus on it

seems right though. The extra smallbet pretty much makes it worth with any two heads up.

Maybe if you weed out offsuit four+ gappers with highcard J or worse against UTG and UTG+1 raises from solid players your about there.

DcifrThs
06-20-2005, 02:31 AM
a few notes:

-first off, there is a difference between the poster raising and you calling hu getting 3.5:1 and the hijack raising and you calling getting 4.5:1.

-theres a huge difference between EP, MP, and LP raises under these circumstances and your calling range even though yoou're getting the same 4.5:1

-all else equal an opponents skill matters and should affect the range as well.

-the only time i would come close to playing any 2 is when the poster checks button raises and poster prematurely mucks.

-when the button raises the poster is still to act and that affects the range imo.

-Barron