PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo! Handicap Tracker - Join the 2+2 group!

touchfaith
06-19-2005, 09:51 PM
If anyone is using Yahoo! Handicap Tracker and would like to join a group dedicated to 2+2'ers...Now is your chance because I just created it!

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Group ID# 23138
Password: 2plus2

I've been using this for a couple of years and from what I can tell, it uses exactely the same calculation method as the USGA, with the added benefit of being able to see your adjusted handicap immediately, instead of waiting till the end of the month with the USGA.

Yahoo! has a great database of courses, complete with scorecards, so even if you currently have a USGA handicap, tracking it concurrently on Yahoo! is a piece of cake!

So join!

I'd love to see what scores and where some others are playing!

Who knows, if enough people join and it becomes big, maybe someday down the line we get a little get-together going for some poker and golf....somewhere...

JTrout
06-19-2005, 10:25 PM
I'm in! Surprised to see all the courses listed.

eric5148
06-20-2005, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
with the added benefit of being able to see your adjusted handicap immediately, instead of waiting till the end of the month with the USGA.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want it immediately, why not calculate it yourself? I've been doing it for 3 years.

touchfaith
06-20-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
with the added benefit of being able to see your adjusted handicap immediately, instead of waiting till the end of the month with the USGA.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want it immediately, why not calculate it yourself? I've been doing it for 3 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose for the same reason I use my PC to write letters instead of a typewriter...

eric5148
06-20-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I suppose for the same reason I use my PC to write letters instead of a typewriter...

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Did you fail 5th grade math class? It takes 30 seconds.

I have a calculater in my golf bag. After a round I can update my handicap walking from the last green to my car.

AggieAce
06-20-2005, 03:59 PM
Want a cookie?

http://www.tildas.com/Large%20Multi%20Sprinkle%20Cookie.JPG

touchfaith
06-20-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Did you fail 5th grade math class? It takes 30 seconds.

I have a calculater in my golf bag. After a round I can update my handicap walking from the last green to my car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, ok, you are obviously dieing to tell us all how to calculate your own handicap, so lets hear it...

Don't forget the ratings/slope.

eric5148
06-20-2005, 05:39 PM
Take your score and subtract the course rating.

Take the result and multiply by 113.

Take the result and divide by the course slope rating.

The result is called a handicap differential.

Take the average of the best 10 of your last 20 differentials and multiply by .96.

That's your handicap index.

touchfaith
06-21-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Take the average of the best 10 of your last 20 differentials and multiply by .96.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, well that is good to know. I've actually always wondered what the calculation was...

But...I still think going click-click and then typing 83 and pressing enter is a bit easier on me drunken brain. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

So join the damn group already...it's more for fun anyway and to see what you 2+2 buddies (or not so buddies) are hitting...

Today was a bad day. I found a ProV1 and hit it for an entire round...and liked it...too much.

Time to get my swing speed tested again so that I can try and justify to myself a need to buy these stupid $5/per balls.

"Crap" /images/graemlins/grin.gif

eric5148
06-21-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So join the damn group already...it's more for fun anyway and to see what you 2+2 buddies (or not so buddies) are hitting...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I've succumbed to peer pressure and joined. They only have 8 courses in Chicago, though. Guess I'll have to manually enter all of the courses I play.

BTW, my last round was a 4.3 differential. I think that's my best ever.

[ QUOTE ]
Today was a bad day. I found a ProV1 and hit it for an entire round...and liked it...too much.

Time to get my swing speed tested again so that I can try and justify to myself a need to buy these stupid $5/per balls.

"Crap"

[/ QUOTE ]

ProVs pwn. They're worth every penny. You might hit them farther with a low swing speed than a cheaper harder ball, because the higher spin will help the ball stay in the air longer.

mmbt0ne
06-21-2005, 04:19 PM
Alright! I'm not last!

touchfaith
06-21-2005, 08:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ProVs pwn. They're worth every penny. You might hit them farther with a low swing speed than a cheaper harder ball, because the higher spin will help the ball stay in the air longer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta admit, I'm warming up to them. Shots I play all week that would typically roll off for me are sticking today.

I'd like to think it was my swing that stuck them, but...

...I know better.

Glad you joined...Looks like we are up to 6!

But I know there are more golfers here then that so get off your collective asses and join everyone!

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

touchfaith
06-22-2005, 08:01 PM
Yeah....I'm pissed.

I'm loving these damn $4/ball balls. Stupid stupid stupid ball. Why does it have to go so damn straight and stop when I tell it to?

I think the only thing I am more pissed about is my playing partner today, who on the 15th tee, turned to me and said...

"Hey, aren't you even on the back?"

Yes dude...I was even on the back...until you said something and I proceeded to go double bogey, bogey, double bogey.

Hope he enjoys limping home /images/graemlins/wink.gif (j/k) (maybe)

eric5148
06-23-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Hey, aren't you even on the back?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, I hope you made it clear that that's not cool.

touchfaith
06-23-2005, 04:21 PM
I didn't know the guy, so I just laughed it off with him...

If it had been one of my buddies...game on...I'm taking out knee caps /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Blackjack
06-24-2005, 08:50 AM
I'll join once I get back to the states. I don't think they'll have too many of the private courses in the Philipinnes listed plus I'm shooting like 10 strokes more then my average in the states per round

ceyoung
06-24-2005, 11:13 AM
my buddy yesterday was even on the front. then had to birdie 18 to shoot 79. its a funny game.

also, don't believe the hype about the Bridgestone B330 tour ball. it's about 5-10 yds longer off the tee, but feels like garbage. im switching to the nike platinum.

gvibes
07-10-2005, 01:47 PM
I just googled "yahoo handicap tracker" (I don't bother remembering the link), and this was the second link on google.

The power of 2+2!

I joined as well (14.9). I was hitting the ball just about the worst of my life yesterday, but still shot an 88. I've been able to score better recently for some reason.

dcasper70
07-11-2005, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
$4/ball

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get AAA quality used Pro V1's on ebay for as little as $1.50 each. Very good condition. I buy them by the hundreds (split with friends) and have yet to be disappointed.

gvibes
07-11-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
$4/ball

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get AAA quality used Pro V1's on ebay for as little as $1.50 each. Very good condition. I buy them by the hundreds (split with friends) and have yet to be disappointed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just bought a box of 100 AA/AAA (mostly AAA) pro vix 332's for 77 shipped. I haven't lost a ball in three rounds, so these should last forever.

ceyoung
07-11-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
$4/ball

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

arent these used balls that they recover? id rather just pay the extra 2 bucks and try not to lose as many balls.

MoreWineII
07-11-2005, 02:37 PM
Pro V's rule. I have a sneaking suspicion Tiger uses a Pro V with a swoosh painted on it.

btw, if anyone wants to buy brand new unopened ones for around $35 / doz, lemme know via pm. I ebay a ton of them. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

ceyoung
07-11-2005, 02:49 PM
tiger actually does use the platinum. but its special for him with a more durable cover and a little different spin characteristics. i switched to the platinum from the pro v's. the ball feels more like a professional 90, which is why i switched.

MoreWineII
07-11-2005, 05:05 PM
My dad had enough of a stockpile of Prof 90's that he is still using them to this day. He's an amazing man. And by amazing, I mean extremely strange.

AndysDaddy
08-11-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not exactly. Depending on your current handicap you also have to take into account your maximum score allowed on any hole (usually double or triple on any hole - but not always).
Go here and click the online manual, then click on section 4 for other exceptions. (http://www.usga.org/playing/handicaps/manual/handicap_system_manual.html)
--
Scott