PDA

View Full Version : Pokeredge opinions?

lawrence
06-19-2005, 09:34 PM
How good is pokeredge? how many people use it, and if you've used it does it work well? can you pay by neteller?

pleyya
06-20-2005, 12:03 AM
Its a pretty good app. You can display alot of specific stats on the table. When ur new at a table you can get opponents stat immediately and dont have to wait for pt to import.

However i have a few problems with it. I find the display box a bit small and annoying to read especially when your multitabbing and need a read fast. You cant get data on other ppl also using pokeredge so you need to run pokertracker at the same time. It gets very cluttered, once i get a decent read on a table i close pokeredge down.

OrianasDaad
06-20-2005, 12:19 AM
Does it work with SNG or MTT's? If so, I might give it a try.

jnalpak
06-23-2005, 11:39 PM
i just picked up this software....

i'm a long time Pokertracker user and all i can say is WOW!!

I now run PT for my stats and analysis and then PE for everything else....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oilcan
06-24-2005, 10:17 AM
Its good but....

In the last 2-3 weeks their servers keep going down occasionally or not working good. The program was not functional two nights ago for over 2 hrs.

Support must be either overwhelmed/overworked, there are people posting at the site that they have not received support for 12 hrs to over 2 days for a inquiry.

I'd still keep data mining with PT. (I do)

regards

KingMarc
06-24-2005, 01:15 PM
I'd pay for it if it didn't upload my hand histories. Even though you can block hand histories while you subscribe, eventually the subscription will end. You can always change your name, but eh...

Rick Nebiolo
06-24-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd pay for it if it didn't upload my hand histories. Even though you can block hand histories while you subscribe, eventually the subscription will end. You can always change your name, but eh...

[/ QUOTE ]

They mine you anyway. Generally the Poker-Edge database is complete through the previous day. They had/have virtually all my data in three Party skins.

That said, it won't replace Pokertracker, which you need to keep track of results and to analyze your own play. Note that the Pokertracker/Playerview combo (combined with daily datamining) can be used in conjunction with Poker-Edge. Many of the best games have new players not yet in the Poker-Edge database, and Pokertracker/Playerview fills in this gap.

~ Rick

Rick Nebiolo
06-24-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I find the display box a bit small and annoying to read especially when your multitabbing and need a read fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. I'm mostly three to four tabling six handed and I would like to have an adjustable font for these display boxes (and have the ability to trim some data, I don't need nine data points always on top). I have two big 22" displays but I need to run at 1024 by 768 to see the numbers (of course I'm an old guy by 2+2 standards).

~ Rick

Rick Nebiolo
06-24-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Its good but....

In the last 2-3 weeks their servers keep going down occasionally or not working good. The program was not functional two nights ago for over 2 hrs.

Support must be either overwhelmed/overworked, there are people posting at the site that they have not received support for 12 hrs to over 2 days for a inquiry.

I'd still keep data mining with PT. (I do)

regards

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree on all points. These guys have a potentially good product but they need to upgrade hardware, service, everything. Maybe they need a rich investor /images/graemlins/grin.gif

~ Rick

RedManPlus
06-25-2005, 12:52 AM
Can't go wrong for $10/month.

I think it's just a couple of students...
That are a little ovewhelmed with their success.

If you check their Alexa traffic stats...
They must be getting 5000 people/day.

They also have a major upgrade on the way.

Go ahead and invest...
This product is a winner...
With that nice eternal income stream.

rm+

/images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

excession
06-25-2005, 06:56 AM
it's a bit too vulnerable to Party cracking down on it/changing hh storage to be classed as 'eternal' I think - but it is a very nice idea

RedManPlus
06-25-2005, 10:10 AM
It is 100% against Party's TOS...
But most people do not "feel" that profiling is cheating.

Poker Edge has never bothered with "detection avoidance" measures...
But, if necesssary, I'm sure they have plans to go stealth.

I think that Party Poker's surveillance powers...
Are vastly overrated by non-technical people.

It's my computer.

I can take various steps to remain in charge...
Or one can just let the Party Poker Super Spyware Client take over.

rm+

/images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

excession
06-25-2005, 03:53 PM
actually the TOS is so badly written it's debatable whether all player profiling is against it or just profiling that enables AI's (ie Bots) to play.

JoshuaD
06-25-2005, 03:55 PM
I like their software, but I've been trying to contact someone over there for a week now about upgrading my account to the high limit games, and I haven't gotten a response. If there was a competetor I'd be checking them out right now.

Rick Nebiolo
06-25-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it's a bit too vulnerable to Party cracking down on it/changing hh storage to be classed as 'eternal' I think - but it is a very nice idea

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I'm wondering if Party would eventually make it much harder for everybody to download hand histories all day (ie., datamine) given that it is mostly good players that take advantage. Right now Party's marketing keeps the fish coming in, but that can't last forever.

My guess is that making it harder on multi-tablers and dataminers (who usually play tighter and better than single tablers) will be better for long term growth of Party or any site, once they have critical mass.

Regards,

Rick

bobdibble
06-25-2005, 08:19 PM
Actually, acording to the TOS, taking notes on a player is not allowed since it is a form of player profiling.

That part of the TOS needs to be updated. It is my understanding that Party does not care about PT and HUDs any more than they care about you taking notes.

pleyya
06-25-2005, 11:15 PM
I bought the 2/4, 3/6 one but it has been working on all limits in limit holdem 2/4 and above. Maybe its just temporary.

smartalecc5
06-26-2005, 03:18 PM
I can't get a hold of anyone there for about a week now also. ITs a joke.