PDA

View Full Version : Crypto software

tizim
06-19-2005, 08:08 PM
Is it just me or does Crypto have by far the worst software of all the poker sites (besides Pacific which only lets you play 1 table)? The software probably crashes on average 2-3 times per session, and the disconnect-protect seems to never reset. God knows how much money I've lost in blinds/pots due to the crashes. I know Crypto offers many high stakes games, but I don't understand why players would risk so much money on such an unstable site... unless I'm the only one experiencing these problems.

The games are great, and the bonuses are excellent, but why does the software suck so much???

dink
06-19-2005, 08:10 PM
don't mean to be negative, but it never crashes for me

Dink

go granny go

Cubswin
06-19-2005, 08:12 PM
i have no problem as well... it used to crawl to a standstill on my old machine but since getting my new machine (P4 3.0, 1 gig RAM) i dont have any problems whatsoever. there is no disconnection protection at crypto skins.

cubs

dink
06-19-2005, 11:23 PM
I am running a p3 1 GHZ with 512 meg of ram, windows xp and I four table with no crashes.

It used to be a bit slow using win98SE but now is alright

Good luck

PoorLawyer
06-20-2005, 02:27 PM
i diconnect quite a bit as well. if it is a big pot i write an email and they usually give me a refund if I would have won the pot.

HRFats
06-20-2005, 05:03 PM
I was not having any problems until last night. PokerPlex forced a downlaod of their new software and it was so slow it was painful. I would guess that I was disconnected at least a dozen times in the two hours I played. Plus I lost $70 trying to clear the $50 bonus so it was a bad experience from start to finish.

Now for a question. I have cleared 200 of the required 300 hands so far. (For reference, I play the $1/$2 LHE tables and have cleared the Crypto bonuses plus the Party, Paradise and Empire bonuses since January and have never done worse than break even. For the June Party $150 I had $159 profit plus the $150. PokerTracker has me as a semi-loose passive aggressive 22/1.5/2.5).

So do I re-deposit and chase this bonus or am I throwing good money after bad? On the one hand I only have 100 hands to clear. On the other, the site seemed SO tight and I seemed to have a bad run so I may just go after a new bonus on another site.

Suggestions are encouraged!

dink
06-20-2005, 09:49 PM
redeposit and clear the bonus,

you are 2/3 of the way there.

we all have bad runs, it's part of poker.

if I said to you that you could have a $50 bonus for playing 100 hands would you take it? treat it like that, the money you have already lost is a sunk cost.

go for it

Dink

go granny go

HRFats
06-21-2005, 02:46 AM
Good advice. I deposited $50.00, cleared the bonus AND made back $60 of the $70 I lost. So I'm up $40 after bonus!! WHEW!!

Patchmaster
06-21-2005, 03:33 AM
The tightness of the games at the Cryptos changes somewhat throughout the day, or at least it used to until they started getting a lot of attention here and a couple other poker sites. The $1/$2 tables are tight most of the time because all the bonus whores hang out there. The £1/£2 tables used to be rather loose during prime time in the UK, but the last couple weeks that hasn't been the case when I've checked. Could be the weather has gotten better and the loose players have other diversions to keep them busy.

Overall, I'm rather disappointed with their decision to add the very low limit tables. When $1/$2 was the lowest they had it seemed to force the recreational players to the higher limits. The play has tightened up quite a bit in the last month or so.