PDA

View Full Version : Floating to the direct left of bettor

DavidC
06-19-2005, 08:05 PM
... not counting if you're the SB and he's the button...

Is this a good or bad idea, as compared to floating in general?

Isura
06-19-2005, 08:15 PM
Floating at microlimits is for suckers. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Maybe at a very tight table, AND the raiser and you were in early position. In middle/late position, floating loses value. I've never floated at 2/4 and lower, and my bankroll doesn't seem to mind.

DavidC
06-19-2005, 08:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Floating at microlimits is for suckers. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Maybe at a very tight table, AND the raiser and you were in early position. In middle/late position, floating loses value. I've never floated at 2/4 and lower, and my bankroll doesn't seem to mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Donking around at SNGs is for suckers too, but what do I know? /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thanks for your comments though, I was wondering where you were off to...

I'm obviously not familiar with the concept of floating... where the hell did it come from? (HPFAP?).

Any posts on it that I can read?

--Dave.

Isura
06-19-2005, 08:38 PM
There's sometimes posts about it in HUSH. Entity made a floating post (AA) a little while back in HUSH.

Edit: I'm not sure where the name came from, but the idea probably came from an extension of limp-raising big hands.

benkath1
06-19-2005, 08:42 PM
You guys mind explaining 'floating'?

Similar to 'rope a dope'?

DavidC
06-19-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You guys mind explaining 'floating'?

Similar to 'rope a dope'?

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone raises.

You call with a hand. Generally a good hand, like AA-TT, KQS-JTS, etc.

In one hand from the 2+2 table (hand-reading exercise Entity posted), he did it with AK on hte button vs a UTG raise.

Generally speaking, I think this is something you do against a good player. Against a worse player, you just pound the snot out of them.

So, yeah, I guess.

--Dave.