PDA

View Full Version : I don't see too many posters on this forum digging hip hop...

xLukex
06-19-2005, 07:18 PM
Anyone digging the new Common? I hate Kanye, but he did a great job with Common...

What else are you into? Any Def Jux? Hieroglyphics crew? Rhymesayers?

PoBoy321
06-19-2005, 07:21 PM
I'm more of a DMB/Guster/Mraz guy, myself.

Anders_G
06-19-2005, 07:25 PM
sage francis, atmosphere, aesop rock, anti-pop consortium, immortal technique, jedi mind tricks.

and when speaking of kanye-produced stuff i think dilated peoples is the best fit for me

GrandmaStabone
06-19-2005, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sage francis, atmosphere, aesop rock, anti-pop consortium, immortal technique, jedi mind tricks.

and when speaking of kanye-produced stuff i think dilated peoples is the best fit for me

[/ QUOTE ]

Now THIS guy has good taste.

Anyways, Kanye is TOO nice and I am surprised you aren't feeling him if you like Common. I got the common album yesterday and it is amazing.

xLukex
06-19-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now THIS guy has good taste.

Anyways, Kanye is TOO nice and I am surprised you aren't feeling him if you like Common. I got the common album yesterday and it is amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm into really simple beats.

Common's Resurrection does it for me. Stuff like Mos Def, Blackstar, ATCQ, etc etc is usually the stuff I'm really into.

jakethebake
06-19-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see too many posters on this forum digging hip hop...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to dig it a grave.

querulous
06-19-2005, 07:45 PM
I like some hip hop. Not really the backpacker stuff though, more Nas, Jay-Z, Jada, Lil Jon, Fabolous, Big Pun, Mike Jones, Ghostface, Trife, Ying Yang Twins, Slimm Calhoun, ect. Rawer club stuff, basically.

tbach24
06-19-2005, 07:50 PM
I don't like rap, but "Family Business" by Kanye is one of my favorite songs.

kerssens
06-19-2005, 07:54 PM
I like hip hop but there's no point in me talking about what I listen to because its not underground or obscure enough so people tear it to shreds.

dutchbrodymoss
06-19-2005, 07:55 PM
Sage Francis. Nas...

That's about it.

I'm also pretty big on Incubus.

They should all get together and do a song. Incubus on the instrumentals / chorus, Nas + Sage Francis with verses.

Kanye's not too bad. Listen to his new song...

"N****as gossip"

Something to that effect. Great lyrics. His flow is always kind of suspect, but his lyrcis offer an alternative to that G-Unit "I kill you I sell drugs I [censored] bitches I'm fiddy cent" [censored].

arod4276
06-19-2005, 08:16 PM
What language are you people speaking ? I echo jakes sentiments...arod4276

xLukex
06-19-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What language are you people speaking ? I echo jakes sentiments...arod4276

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop being so uptight.

Not all hip hop is full of gangsters.

Besides, I am in general VERY into music and listen to a wide variety of genres.

Isura
06-19-2005, 08:23 PM
I like the old school stuff. Tupac, Dre, Nas, Wu Tang.

arod4276
06-19-2005, 08:25 PM
NOT all ,,,but so much is that it gives the entire genre a bad name, and which stops it from being accepted by most of the mainstream,,arod4276

xLukex
06-19-2005, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
NOT all ,,,but so much is that it gives the entire genre a bad name, and which stops it from being accepted by most of the mainstream,,arod4276

[/ QUOTE ]

What? The mainstream is what fuels crappy rap and pushes it to the foreground and on MTV's direct effect or whatever the hell they have now.

So, basically, what you're saying is that you don't like rap because of the gangster image, but realize that there IS other forms of hip hop and haven't given them a try?

arod4276
06-19-2005, 08:42 PM
mainstream equals all segments of society,, not the 12 to 18 year old mtv crowd... I dont think the 34 year old soccer mom,, or the 65 year old retired mechanic ,,or the 24 year old grad student have anything to do wiht fueling crappy rap as you put it.. And they are the mainstream of society ..along with many others...

gorie
06-19-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see too many posters on this forum digging hip hop...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to dig it a grave.

[/ QUOTE ]

and then play some bass licks on it.

okayplayer
06-19-2005, 08:54 PM
I am a huge Hip Hop head. The new Common is tight. I don't have a problem with Kanye - except maybe his ego. But other notewaorthy albums to look for:

Zion I, True & Livin
Blueprint, 1988
OC, Starchild (import)
One.Be.Lo, SONOGRAM
Big Pooh, Sleepers
The Perceptionists, Black Dialogue
Sage Francis, A Healthy Distrust

Really looking forward to Little Brothers, Minstrel Show

David04
06-19-2005, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

One.Be.Lo, SONOGRAM

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought I was the only one who had ever heard of One Be Lo. S.O.N.A.G.R.A.M is hot, one of the best CDs of 2005.

Vote4Pedro
06-19-2005, 09:05 PM
why arent any of fittys albums on your list?

zephed
06-19-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...Great lyrics. His flow is always kind of suspect, but his lyrcis offer an alternative to that G-Unit "I kill you I sell drugs I [censored] bitches I'm fiddy cent" [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]
What the hell does this mean, in layman's terms?

How do you judge it?

Brain
06-19-2005, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like hip hop but there's no point in me talking about what I listen to because its not underground or obscure enough so people tear it to shreds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe_d72
06-19-2005, 09:37 PM
Jay-z is the Greatest Of All Time I can listen to any one of his albums over and over again. He also is worth about 320 million THAT IS UNREAL FOR A HIP HOP ARTIST.

Vince Young
06-19-2005, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jay-z is the Greatest Of All Time

[/ QUOTE ]
umm no

mmbt0ne
06-19-2005, 10:42 PM
Paging TSC. Party of gangsta.

mason55
06-19-2005, 10:51 PM
You don't look hard enough. I'm a backpacker. I know there's a few others here too.

BusterStacks
06-19-2005, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
umm no

[/ QUOTE ]
umm yes

mason55
06-19-2005, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
umm no

[/ QUOTE ]
umm yes

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLler skates.

mason55
06-19-2005, 10:57 PM
Since many of the posts in this thread are full of crap I'm going to list some good stuff:

Immortal Technique
Slug
Sage Francis
J5
Heiro
MF Doom/King Geedorah/Whoever
RJD2
Aesop Rock
Talib
Blueprint
Madlib
Royce da 5'9
Cannibus
Jedi Mind Tricks

That's all for now, too drunk to write more. I have seen everyone I listed Live except I.T.

IQ89
06-19-2005, 11:02 PM
Hip Hop Is Disco's Evil Cousin. http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=jimmy+hendrix+pot/v=2/SID=w/TID=I040_85/l=IVS/SIG=127ivhhjv/EXP=1113359067/*-http%3A//www.ukcultivator.biz/images/smilies/punk.gif

okayplayer
06-20-2005, 12:49 AM
You have good taste. I can't really get into Aesop too much, and I'm kinda meh on Canibus... though Stoupe did a great job with his last one. Immortal Technique and MF DOOM are two of may favs.

mmbt0ne
06-20-2005, 12:50 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Since many of the posts in this thread are full of crap I'm going to list some good stuff:

Immortal Technique
Slug
Sage Francis
J5
Heiro
MF Doom/King Geedorah/Whoever
RJD2
Aesop Rock
Talib
Blueprint
Madlib
Royce da 5'9
Cannibus
Jedi Mind Tricks

That's all for now, too drunk to write more. I have seen everyone I listed Live except I.T.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you ARE a backpacker.

mikeymer
06-20-2005, 01:30 AM
not a fan of the backpack anymore, that was more when I was in high school...

joe budden is the future though, i can say that.

ThaSaltCracka
06-20-2005, 02:28 AM
blah blah blah blah blah

lets all list the underground [censored] we dig so we can act all cool and [censored], and clown on people that don't even know who these artists are. We are all so cool because we like underground music.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

All you tards are so [censored] annoying.

your not special because you like Doom, Tech, Atmosphere, J5, Hiero, etc.

bottomset
06-20-2005, 03:01 AM
I like a lot of the late80's through mid90's stuff

WuTang
Boot Camp Clik
Smith n Wessun
Public Enemy
Artifacts
Tribe
De La Soul
D.I.T.C
Biggie

and a bunch more, its really in a sad state nowadays

ThaSaltCracka
06-20-2005, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and a bunch more, its really in a sad state nowadays

[/ QUOTE ] it is. Most of the better stuff is underground stuff, which really isn't all that tight, its just way better than most of the mainstream stuff. There are a few throwbacks still in the mainstream making good [censored]. Like Ghostface, Common, and Masta Ace. I think mainstream rap as we know it today, died that day Encore came out. Eminem was the last thing keeping it going, even Dre can't save it now.

Tron
06-20-2005, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
even Dre can't save it now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've still got hope for Detox. If it doesn't get released next year, and if it isn't the best album I've ever heard, I forsee myself spiraling into a deep depression.

ThaSaltCracka
06-20-2005, 03:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
even Dre can't save it now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've still got hope for Detox. If it doesn't get released next year, and if it isn't the best album I've ever heard, I forsee myself spiraling into a deep depression.

[/ QUOTE ]LMAO. Go check out The Black Market Militia LP, or anything Ghostafce has been affiliated with for the past year and a half. That should help.

Anders_G
06-20-2005, 06:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's the only one on the list i've seen live =) Saw him this friday and I'm still surprised. I mean, it's not like a lot of these names ever come to sweden...

Jules22
06-20-2005, 06:52 AM
wow, i cant believe nobody has named some of these, so i'll go

I like most Aftermath stuff, except lloyd banks :X, i like 50 cent and the G-Unit's stuff, altho it seems to be hip to hate the [censored] out of those guys. I also like The Game and Eminem, looking forward to tony yayos album and detox, which should have mad guest appearances

also like a lot of the queens bridge stuff like nas and mob deep

also like the D-Block crew, (Sheek Louch, Styles P, Jadakiss and Jae Hood), used to be known as the LOX

non label stuff i like RA the rugged man, Immortal Technique (when does this guy blow up huge?), Celph Titled, Apathy, and some of the Wu Tangs off shoots like Warcloud and Killarmy

that's all i got off the top of my head, you can pm me for track recommendations

steelcmg
06-20-2005, 07:23 AM
Yea rap is awesome lets listen to all these crappy guys who cant even write there own stuff all most rappers do anymore is take other people [censored] nothing original its all BOOM BOOM CHICK [censored] if u listen to any beat thats all its based around. I hate almost all new rap. Dont get me wrong cuz i like old hip hop but man what is with most of this [censored]. I mean come on shake it like a salt shaker what the hell is that?

Jules22
06-20-2005, 07:36 AM
are you drunk?

-Skeme-
06-20-2005, 09:59 AM
99% of the people on this forum that listen to any hip hop are all nerd rap fans. They bump Anticon, Sage, Aesop, El P and other garbage. I'll try not to start another 19 page argument tho.

tbach24
06-20-2005, 10:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like rap, but "Family Business" by Kanye is one of my favorite songs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, the "Whisper Song" is hot.

-Skeme-
06-20-2005, 10:10 AM
Immortal Technique - Good.
Slug - Not good.
Sage Francis - Good writer. Not a good rapper.
J5 - Boring for the most part.
Heiro - Del is good.
MF Doom/King Geedorah/Whoever - The most overrated rapper alive. MF Doom is boring as hell and not a good rapper. He rarely makes sense. He doesn't deserve the beats he gets.
RJD2 - Awesome as hell.
Aesop Rock - The worst nerd rapper ever. In history of nerd rap.
Talib - Defenitely awesome. Reflection Eternal is one of the greatest hip hop albums ever.
Blueprint - Too nerdy.
Madlib - Too nerdy.
Royce da 5'9 - Been getting better. I used to hate him. His flow is smooth and his schemes are crazy.
Cannibus - Canibus used to be one of my favorites. He fell off worse than Em did.
Jedi Mind Tricks - Fell off incredibly hard. The next album after Jus Allah left was horrible. Stoupe's beats are overrated aswell.

[ QUOTE ]
I have seen everyone I listed Live except I.T.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where and when did you see Canibus? IT's live show is great. Before he started he told any undercovers to suck his dick.. and then called the sound man a retard. Classic.

[ QUOTE ]
Stoupe did a great job with his last one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately Canibus didn't hear the beats until the album was released, which is why his flow was horrid on the entire album. Absence of flow and his new more-annoying-than-ever voice/deliver, coupled with him rapping about nonsense over and over made this album a piece of [censored].

[ QUOTE ]
your not special because you like Doom, Tech, Atmosphere, J5, Hiero, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shut the [censored] up you tool.

[ QUOTE ]
All you tards are so [censored] annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.cynosure-publications.co.uk/acatalog/ka070.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
There are a few throwbacks still in the mainstream making good [censored]. Like Masta Ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

How in the hell would you know that Masta Ace made good music back in the day? Uh, didn't I introduce you to Masta Ace like 2 months ago?

[ QUOTE ]
Immortal Technique (when does this guy blow up huge?),

[/ QUOTE ]

He's actually pretty big currently. He sold like 50,000 copies of RV2 independently, gets paid lots of dough to tour and rock shows, and is being noticed in many magazines currently. He's in Playboy with some slag modeling fancy clothes, mentioned in The Source for hip hop quotable and they gave him shine for being a great new artist.

[ QUOTE ]
also like the D-Block crew, (Sheek Louch, Styles P, Jadakiss and Jae Hood), used to be known as the LOX

[/ QUOTE ]

D Block is horrible. All of those glock rappers suck. Sheek sucks, Styles sucks, Jada has a sick flow and comes with a good line once in a while, and Jae Hood is quite possibly the WORST rapper I've ever heard in my life. He was never in The Lox btw.

15 page thread here we gooo..

pmuir10
06-20-2005, 10:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
lets all list the underground [censored] we dig so we can act all cool and [censored], and clown on people that don't even know who these artists are. We are all so cool because we like underground music.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. i cannot thank you enough for pointing this out.

-Skeme-
06-20-2005, 10:20 AM
Or there are actually some people who listen to underground because 99.999999999% of the mainstream is [censored] garbage.

xLukex
06-20-2005, 10:29 AM
The funny thing about all this is that I don't even know what is considered underground and what isn't. I just go on Soulseek, find someone's list, download a bunch of stuff, and listen to what I like. Pittsburgh has a small hip hop scene as it is, so it's not like I'm well versed in what's "cool."

Everything I'm into, it's because I like it. I have no friends that like hip hop. I'm a hardcore kid anyways...

contentless
06-20-2005, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. i cannot thank you enough for pointing this out.

[/ QUOTE ]

You people are idiots.

Fine, we'll make a thread about hip-hop, everyone can list all the mainstream [censored] that they like, and then we'll compare. See if all of it ISN'T THE SAME.

The point of these threads isn't to be like: "Oh, you like this artist? So do I! That's because our opinions are formed by mainstream radio and corporate executives!"

If you really want to lick each others' balls so much, get a room.

-Skeme-
06-20-2005, 10:48 AM
I listen to music that I like. Not because of it's title. It just so happens that underground is the title of the music I listen to, and mainstream is the title of garbage. That's all.

zephed
06-20-2005, 11:36 AM
This thread has turned into the rap version of our indie-love-fest-obscure-bands-name-dropping threads.

daryn?

mikeymer
06-20-2005, 11:50 AM
the fact is

The Diplomats &gt; Your favorite rapper.

ThaSaltCracka
06-20-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

How in the hell would you know that Masta Ace made good music back in the day? Uh, didn't I introduce you to Masta Ace like 2 months ago?

[/ QUOTE ] no. I had two Masta Ace CD's before you told me about Disposable Arts .

ThaSaltCracka
06-20-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
99% of the people on this forum that listen to any hip hop are all nerd rap fans. They bump Anticon, Sage, Aesop, El P and other garbage. I'll try not to start another 19 page argument tho.

[/ QUOTE ]LMAO. Dude, this is what 99% of the people online who like rap listen too. I couldn't agree more with you about Doom. I have two of his CD's, and I never listen to them. Just so boring and [censored].

kerssens
06-20-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]LMAO. Dude, this is what 99% of the people online who like rap listen too. I couldn't agree more with you about Doom. I have two of his CD's, and I never listen to them. Just so boring and [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never heard of any of those. Did any of them cover Dr Zeuss, Dr Zeuss?

ThaSaltCracka
06-20-2005, 03:23 PM
naw, that was this guy:

http://www.faygoluvers.net/gallery/pictures/tech/127.jpg

xLukex
06-20-2005, 03:26 PM
I can't even tell what the argument in this thread is about haha.

First track on the new Common is fantastic.

How about that?

-Skeme-
06-20-2005, 03:28 PM
Tech N99999999999ne.

[ QUOTE ]
no. I had two Masta Ace CD's before you told me about Disposable Arts .

[/ QUOTE ]

Then who else did I show you? Immortal Tech? You're like a child.

ThaSaltCracka
06-20-2005, 03:28 PM
the whole CD is fantastic.

-Skeme-
06-20-2005, 03:30 PM
Common is a nerd.

ThaSaltCracka
06-20-2005, 03:30 PM
The only one you schooled me on was Immortal Tech, and I never claimed to have "found" him on my own. I am eagerly waiting for his new CD though.

stankybank
06-20-2005, 03:31 PM
I haven't listened to Common's whole album but from the few songs I've heard, it sounds tight. Kanye did a good job with it and I heard John Legend is on it too, which is tight. Of course, the album is sort of slashing into mainstream culture with the song 'Be' but that's what you gotta do to survive as an artist I suppose, especially one like Common. Anybody listen to his previous album 'Electric Circus'? Yeah, I thought so...

ThaSaltCracka
06-20-2005, 03:31 PM
its a good CD though, plus how nerdy can a guy be that beefed with Westside connection. Face it, dude is straight street.

-Skeme-
06-20-2005, 03:33 PM
That was like 10 years ago before he became a nerd. Erykah Badu totally screwed him up. Now he walks around in wheat slippers and eats tofu and [censored]. I'm sure I showed you more than Tech, he's just the only dude you dickride now.

chaas4747
06-20-2005, 03:35 PM
I don't see enough posters in this forum using the word "digging".

ThaSaltCracka
06-20-2005, 03:36 PM
naw that was it. You listed some other [censored] like Necro, Ill Bill, but I had heard all of them. As for Tech, I don't listen to him much anymore. If you want to see someone dickride him, my roomie does with the fierceness of a 15 year old female TRL watcher.

-Skeme-
06-20-2005, 03:36 PM
Why would you expect us to?

okayplayer
06-20-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Masta Ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's too bad he retired (from making albums).

ThaSaltCracka
06-20-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Masta Ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's too bad he retired (from making albums).

[/ QUOTE ]when?

okayplayer
06-20-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Immortal Technique (when does this guy blow up huge?)

[/ QUOTE ]

He never can, with his lyrics and how America is. Though he is one of the best out there, I can't wait for his next album.

okayplayer
06-20-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
MF Doom/King Geedorah/Whoever - The most overrated rapper alive. MF Doom is boring as hell and not a good rapper. He rarely makes sense. He doesn't deserve the beats he gets.

[/ QUOTE ]
He makes most of the beats he uses. He is a producer/MC. And a great producer at that. Do you like Ghostface? Does Ghost "make sense"? Actually, most of Doom's [censored] does make sense, but he is a big comic book fan and his music tends to follow a similar path.

[ QUOTE ]
Blueprint - Too nerdy.
Madlib - Too nerdy.

[/ QUOTE ]
How you not gonna like someone because they're too nerdy? It's music not a audition to be your friend.

[ QUOTE ]
Cannibus - Canibus used to be one of my favorites. He fell off worse than Em did.

[/ QUOTE ]
He never really fell off, he was never really more than a battle rapper trying to make an album which he failed to do every time, though I think Stoupe did the best job.

And sadly, Masta Ace's Long Hot Summer was his last.

okayplayer
06-20-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody listen to his previous album 'Electric Circus'? Yeah, I thought so...

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I own it as well, and everyone bashes it, and it's definitely a much different sound than what we were expecting and accustomed to, and not up to par with his others, but I still thought it was a pretty decent album.

ThaSaltCracka
06-20-2005, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And sadly, Masta Ace's Long Hot Summer was his last.

[/ QUOTE ] wtf, are you serious??????

okayplayer
06-20-2005, 06:16 PM
Long Hot Summer was his swan song. He is now focusing on his label.

-Skeme-
06-20-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He makes most of the beats he uses. He is a producer/MC. And a great producer at that. Do you like Ghostface? Does Ghost "make sense"? Actually, most of Doom's [censored] does make sense, but he is a big comic book fan and his music tends to follow a similar path.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression that Madlib made a lot of his beats. I don't particularly listen to Ghostface. I wasn't huge into Wu. I like some GZA stuff and Rebel INS.

[ QUOTE ]
How you not gonna like someone because they're too nerdy? It's music not a audition to be your friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

The music sucks.

[ QUOTE ]
He never really fell off, he was never really more than a battle rapper trying to make an album which he failed to do every time, though I think Stoupe did the best job.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think he was nothing more than a battle rapper then you haven't heard anything of his. You ever hear AIDS Is Gold, HIV Is Platinum? What about What's Going On? Have you heard Nigganometry or Channel Zero? He can destroy topics better than anyone. Or, at least he could. His first album is one of the most lyrical albums ever, and the only reason it didn't go huge was because people hated the beats. His second album was all battle and is one of my favorite albums ever. Most lyrical album I've ever heard.

Bis is one of the best lyricists ever. No discussion.

okayplayer
06-20-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was under the impression that Madlib made a lot of his beats. I don't particularly listen to Ghostface. I wasn't huge into Wu. I like some GZA stuff and Rebel INS.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, Madlib made all of MadVillainy's beats, because they teamed up to do a super album w Doom MCing and Madlib on the beats. So I take it you don't like MadVillainy? Wow, don't like Wu Tang (old school, obviously) either? Wow... Enter the 36 Chambers?! It's a Classic. Granted, the only ones who maintained and continue to make good music are Ghost and GZA.

Have you listened to Blueprint's 1988? Kinda surprising you like RJD2 but not Blueprint. I'm not a huge Madlib fan, but I do think he is very talented (as a producer). You didn't like the Alkaholiks?

I do have to admit, that I was never really a fan of Bis'. His voice always annoyed me, and I admit he has skill, but his production has always sucked (and I don't think he is the best lyricist).

-Skeme-
06-21-2005, 05:05 AM
Madvillainy was garbage. No, I never said I don't like Wu Tang. I said I wasn't a huge fan. Enter The Wu is a great album. Ghost and GZA only making good albums? Uh, ever hear of Raekwon and OB4CL?

No, I haven't heard 1998. How is it surprising I like RJD2 and not Blueprint? They're not similar at all. For one, RJD2 doesn't rap, he's an instrumentalist and producer. Two, his beats are awesome as hell. Blueprint is a rapper and a nerd. A nerd rapper, if you will. No, I didn't like Tha Liks. Nothing against them, just never listened much.

Canibus is one of the best.

If I had half as many bars in gold
As I had in lyrics when I flowed
I’d be the richest man on the globe
Niggaz wanna know is canibus gold?
That’s a stupid-ass question motherfucker, is canada cold?
Bout a thousand degrees lower than liquid nitro is
Five thousand degrees hotter than flame throwers
I reflect light, bounce off walls and wreck mics
Disconnect your windpipe by cuttin your neck with a knife
Rip through, everything from tissues to blood vessels
My ninjitsu, kill you with the art of tenchu
I zig zag, zig crushin a kid
With g-forces violent enough to crush your ribs
Like pilots that fly russian mig
Comin to punish you pigs
Give a [censored] who you is; nigga, canibus in ya biz
From the lowest point in the planet to mt. everest