PDA

View Full Version : Loose Passive donkbets river after flush-draw hits turn

MEbenhoe
06-19-2005, 07:01 PM
MP2 is 65/3/1
CO is 17.6/5.8/.5

Who folds earlier here? Calls river? Plays as is?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River: (9.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB

Willluck
06-19-2005, 07:07 PM
I usually call the river.

Derek132260
06-19-2005, 07:26 PM
I actually think I'm re-raising the flop. Lots of draws for people to be raising with here, and a re-raise gives the added possibility of folding out MP if he's on a weak draw. The raise will also give you much more information as to whether you're seriously behind or if everyone's fishing. Plus, you're still playing two overcards and you're one card from the nut straight, so it's not like this was an awful flop for you.

When the ace hits the turn, I think I'm raising, especially to see where I'm at...plus a raise here might even get cutoff to consider letting go of 2-pair...remember, two things for opponents to fear about that turn, the ace for a pre-flop raiser...and the third club. Mix it up and force anything weaker than a set to take a view on where they are...if they're set or stronger, this raise will likely get re-raised and you'll be able to release.

But if I found myself plopped into that river as-is...I do think I'm calling it regardless.

MEbenhoe
06-19-2005, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I actually think I'm re-raising the flop. Lots of draws for people to be raising with here, and a re-raise gives the added possibility of folding out MP if he's on a weak draw. The raise will also give you much more information as to whether you're seriously behind or if everyone's fishing. Plus, you're still playing two overcards and you're one card from the nut straight, so it's not like this was an awful flop for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

How often do you expect a tight very passive player such as the CO to be raising on a draw here as compared to having a real hand?

[ QUOTE ]
When the ace hits the turn, I think I'm raising, especially to see where I'm at...plus a raise here might even get cutoff to consider letting go of 2-pair...remember, two things for opponents to fear about that turn, the ace for a pre-flop raiser...and the third club. Mix it up and force anything weaker than a set to take a view on where they are...if they're set or stronger, this raise will likely get re-raised and you'll be able to release.

But if I found myself plopped into that river as-is...I do think I'm calling it regardless.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think if anything I should've folded the turn. The flush draw and an overcard hits and a tight passive player shows that he has a strong enough hand that he's still willing to bet into 2 players when it hits, not to mention my pot equity is likely low at this point if I'm not already drawing dead.

benwharder
06-19-2005, 07:41 PM
I think that your first of 2 possible errors may have been just calling on the turn. The extra bet may have forced the MP to fold his weak draw. And on the river, a call would have been profitable, as you are only losing 1 big bet and you will win the pot much more than 9 percent of the time.

MEbenhoe
06-19-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And on the river, a call would have been profitable, as you are only losing 1 big bet and you will win the pot much more than 9 percent of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

When MP2 bets river here and CO calls my percent chance of winning is precisely 0%

toss
06-19-2005, 08:27 PM
I don't think I can fold this turn. CO will call PF with QTs, JTs, and raise with that. If I didn't see the river action I would think CO is betting the turn with the intention of checking behind on the river.

A_C_Slater
06-19-2005, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And on the river, a call would have been profitable, as you are only losing 1 big bet and you will win the pot much more than 9 percent of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

When MP2 bets river here and CO calls my percent chance of winning is precisely 0%

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe not 0% more like .0027%

I admire your fold.

I would probably call out of annoyance/mini-tilt, but you're right. No way it's good 9% of the time with the overcall and the stop n go donk bet from the loose passive.

There is nothing I hate more than the stop n go donk bet. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

(edited to add the anger emoticon.)