PDA

View Full Version : AK against Paaaaaaassive Villain

Redd
06-19-2005, 05:26 PM
This one struck me as quite unusual. The interesting thing about this hand is that this is the first time I've seen Villain raise in 78 hands. He's 34%/0%/0.2. I was debating the pf 3-bet. However, I decided I was a coinflip against his range of hands and decided if I was gonna play it, I would need to WA/WB him and tried to isolate.

I ended up doing a WA/WB sort of dealie, except that donk acting after me (who is quite loose and will freezing-call with much worse than good hands) made things more confusing.

Bearing in mind the Villain's read, how would you play this on all streets?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

River: (10.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 13.75 BB

mmmmmbrother
06-19-2005, 05:29 PM
i would raise the turn to get donk out of there and see what villan does.
since you have no idea what hes doing, you shoudl call down after that even on a raise.

Brain
06-19-2005, 05:32 PM
Looks fine to me. I can't see myself folding this PF either.
Postflop is good. I don't see a point to raising and chasing BB off.

Redd
06-19-2005, 05:43 PM
It's true villain could be on one of a couple strong draws, and that I want to charge him if I'm ahead. But my big problem with aggression is that Villain's range of capping hands here is AA, KK, and maybe QQ and AKs. I'm unsure if he'd lead second pair on the flop. So I'm thinking that I'm either way behind, chopping, or freerolling villain well over half the time here. So I don't know if I have a best hand to protect.

Does anyone think I want to keep this caller in to sweeten the pot in the event of a chop? He could be calling down with lots of stuff, including a strong draw, weak draw, middling PP, or weaker ace. I'm still unsure if I want him in the hand or not.

LargeCents
06-19-2005, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone think I want to keep this caller in to sweeten the pot in the event of a chop? He could be calling down with lots of stuff, including a strong draw, weak draw, middling PP, or weaker ace. I'm still unsure if I want him in the hand or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

The pot is huge, protect your equity and raise out the BB. Who knows, maybe he'll call cold anyway, if he's the donk you claim. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

mscags
06-19-2005, 11:21 PM
I probably wouldn't three bet pf but either way its close. I think you definitely need to get a raise in there somewhere either on the flop or turn. I like a turn raise myself but either will do. NH

MrEngenic
06-20-2005, 10:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I probably wouldn't three bet pf but either way its close

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

How can you not 3 bet preflop with AK?

deception5
06-20-2005, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How can you not 3 bet preflop with AK?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The interesting thing about this hand is that this is the first time I've seen Villain raise in 78 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

What range of hands do you think this player who has never raised is capping with? I would say AA-QQ/AK and QQ is debatable. Even AK is debatable for that matter. When he bets every street with a .2 aggression and a king on the board I would remove QQ from the range and hope for a split.