PDA

View Full Version : do i bet river for value?

ANY2CARDZ
06-19-2005, 04:29 PM
Im in middle postion, first in with 99, i raise pre-flop to mix up my play, as i have been pretty tight and players usually show respect to my raises. Lp calls button calls, and bb calls, who is a loose-passive type.
Flop:
8s,10h,Qd, it gets checked around,
Turn:
Jh , BB bets, i raise, LP and button fold. BB calls, and then checks blind.
River: Ks, i check.

I thought this was a pretty standard check as bb may have been on a-j, or a-10, and maybe a-q, but an friend of mine made a comment that if he checks blind, then you have to know he is not on a draw, and therfor can bet for value. What would you do in this situation, and please feel free to give any input on checking blind in general and what it usually means or can mean, I can never seem to make too much sense of it. yes in know this should go in small stakes, but im interested in some more opinions. Thanks

Turning Stone Pro
06-19-2005, 04:39 PM
1) raise preflop

2) bet flop (or raise if bet into)

3) bet turn (or raise if bet into)

4) check on end (although an argument could be made for betting, the blind check makes me nervous)

TSP

ActionBob
06-19-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im in middle postion, first in with 99, i raise pre-flop to mix up my play,

[/ QUOTE ]

This should be your standard play, not a play to mix it up.

-ActionBob

Senor Choppy
06-19-2005, 06:43 PM
Easy river bet.

teddyFBI
06-20-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Easy river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

??? god, what am I missing here - i think this is an abominable bet. The true measure of a value betting isn't having your opponent beat a majority of times, it's having him beat a majority of times WHEN HE CALLS your bet. You're already representing a monster hand with the turn raise...what on earth does he call with that you beat? KQ? JT??
No way.
Check river.