PDA

View Full Version : poker on a MAC...help!

jacket34
06-19-2005, 04:02 PM
I am away for the summer living with some friends, and they have an Apple computer. Is there any poker sites that download easily on apples? I tried a few, and you have to buy some program to install on the apple for these programs to be downloaded. Thanks for any advice from those who play on apples.

jacket34
06-20-2005, 12:59 AM
sorry, but any help out there?

mb2696
06-20-2005, 01:13 AM
PokerRoom's software fully supports Mac computers

imported_turvalon
06-20-2005, 01:14 AM
I think there is one, pokerroom, that is mac compatible but I can't remember if there are more. I use virtual pc on my powerbook to play but I don't know if that helps you.

terrapin314
06-20-2005, 01:13 PM
Unfortunately, you will either have to play pokeroom or suck it up and buy a windoze machine. I am still working on getting a PC laptop just for poker.

CountDuckula
06-20-2005, 01:16 PM
There are no poker clients I'm aware of that will run on a Mac, unless it can emulate a Wintel machine. Pokerroom does have a Java interface, which should work; as should any other site which offers that. It will probably be a bit slow, though.

-Mike

kutuz_off
06-20-2005, 02:26 PM
I spent a year playing pokerroom exclusively before getting a wintel laptop. It's a great site. Bugsys club offers Mac downloads, but I didn't like the limited choice of their games, so I never tried it.

playersare
06-20-2005, 02:27 PM
pokerroom and skins run on java.

Bugsy's Club has a OS X client. traffic is low but technically playable. bonus isn't terrible either. decent little site that's trying to get better with moderate success.

Victoria's Poker has a Mac download version but there are ZERO players on there. also rumors of financial problems in general, I wouldn't risk it.

Pacific Poker has been on/off about getting their Mac software running. as of current, it's off. even if they did have it, you'd still be limited to just playing one table at a time because of the limitations of the network itself.

best advice (and this is coming from a longtime Mac enthusiast) is to just get a cheap PC on the side for your gambool purposes.