PDA

View Full Version : Sunday mornings are wilder than I thought

Blarg
06-19-2005, 03:49 PM
Among the calls I've seen this morning in only a short span of games, by callers neither desperate nor with so many chips that the losses are trivial: 86o, 84o, 87o, 64o, T8s, 98o. I think this goes to echo what I wrote the other day -- that the 11's are a showdown game.

This is extremely recreational. Wilder than Saturday night.

ewing55
06-19-2005, 05:24 PM
YEA, BUT THE JERKS KEEP SUCKING OUT ON ME! AND I'M PISSED!!! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Ok, I feel better now. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Nevermind. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

------------------Jeff

sng-sam
06-19-2005, 06:03 PM
sng tracker says sundays are my absolute worst days by a large margin

Blarg
06-19-2005, 06:14 PM
I've found the wildness of Sundays pretty consistent over a long period of time, and across both ring games and SNG's, which means I very often do either really well or really poorly. My opinion on how much I like Sundays seems tied to how wildly things are swinging either for me or against me.

I'm not all that big a fan of wild swings in general though. I more "steel myself" for weekend play than look forward to it. I'd rather be bored out of gourd, but bringing in a modest return, than flip a coin between the rich house and the poor house.

pergesu
06-19-2005, 07:05 PM
I got effing pwned by 42s this morning. We're heads up, 250/500, I've got like 3700 and pick up a QJ, push, and get called by 42s. Dude musta been really sick of me pushing. That's 0 FE there, when you get called by 4 high.

Dr. Moze
06-19-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Among the calls I've seen this morning in only a short span of games, by callers neither desperate nor with so many chips that the losses are trivial: 86o, 84o, 87o, 64o, T8s, 98o. I think this goes to echo what I wrote the other day -- that the 11's are a showdown game.

This is extremely recreational. Wilder than Saturday night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blarq, where u playin'? Maybe it's the "I'm massively hung over but wanna veg out and play poker online" syndrome. $^)

david050173
06-19-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got effing pwned by 42s this morning. We're heads up, 250/500, I've got like 3700 and pick up a QJ, push, and get called by 42s. Dude musta been really sick of me pushing. That's 0 FE there, when you get called by 4 high.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were pushing 32, it would have been really funny.

pergesu
06-19-2005, 07:17 PM
I was thinkin about that, that I should have lied in my post and said I had 32o. But then Nick B would have seen it and yelled at me for being a moron.

bones
06-19-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude musta been really sick of me pushing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get a few of these calls per day. T8, Q4, etc, followed up with "tired of you stealing." Even got a 64 call with even stacks heads up. Pretty proud of that one.

Blarg
06-19-2005, 07:20 PM
I play Party and skins exclusively for SNG's, which is all I've been playing for a while.

I dunno what it is, but maybe you're right. I know when my life was more frantic, Sunday was the day where I was finally able to do at least a little hanging around; Saturdays were still busy with school, homework, errands, etc. It's probably like that for a lot of people -- their first time to kick back is Saturday night, when they go out, and then Sunday is a nice time to just kick back at home or shut out the world while nursing a hangover heheh.

Sponger15SB
06-19-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I get a few of these calls per day. T8, Q4, etc, followed up with "tired of you stealing." Even got a 64 call with even stacks heads up. Pretty proud of that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

A few times after really mind boggling calls I'll say something like "what did you put me on?" after my AKs loses to like T8s...

The usual answer is like "any ace, a pair"

needless to say this makes me even more confused

Blarg
06-19-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I have to constantly keep reminding myself that folding equity is so damn low in the lower levels I play at, and it doesn't matter necessarily if you haven't been pushing and have a tight image if they're only looking at their own cards and haven't even thought about what cards you've been playing with or that it's the first time you've bet out all game -- they're not actually thinking about you or your cards at all. They're just playing theirs.

In these low level showdown games, your pushing is giving them the entertainment they came for in the first place. I have to constantly remind myself not to necessarily try to be smarter than anyone, but just to concentrate on not being as dumb as everyone. Given time and opportunity, they'll self-destruct with or without my help, if I can just get out of their way and let them do it.

It's funny, I often double up or gather a decent amount of chips fairly early even being really tight passive just because people are calling with crap, and then get busted out anyway because even though five people already busted out playing like idiots, nobody has learned any lessons. The players still figure that's a fun way to play, so they go for it and call down the tightest players on the table with 86s for their whole stack -- and sometimes that wins. It's basically just a showdown game, where it's your destiny to see all seven cards an absurd amount of the time. It's happens a lot that I'm on four tables and at level 2 or 3 I have 1200 or 1600 chips, and it's not all that rare that I don't get in the money on any of them -- three or four suck-outs in a row and I'm back to the lobby, shaking my head in amazement. Sometimes it can make for very long runs in or out of the money.

Bubble play can get tricky, too, and sometimes contradictory to the advice you see on these boards, because people aren't competing to get into the money, they're competing to call and make a big score, and you have to choose when and where you want to get called and see a showdown, not when and where you want to see if you can fold someone off their hand and steal some blinds. Folding equity plunges, but the value of K8 offsuit skyrockets.

Blarg
06-19-2005, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A few times after really mind boggling calls I'll say something like "what did you put me on?" after my AKs loses to like T8s...

The usual answer is like "any ace, a pair"

needless to say this makes me even more confused

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, yeah. The explanation is even more confusing than the mystery.

I think if I tried to draw a cartoon of understanding low level SNG player logic, the expression of dawning enlightenment would have to be supplemented by mushroom clouds coming out of the ears.

octaveshift
06-19-2005, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude musta been really sick of me pushing. That's 0 FE there, when you get called by 4 high.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this line. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

DasLeben
06-19-2005, 08:04 PM
Damn, that beats my record. I remember pretty recently where I had so little FE, I got insta-called by a comparable stack on the bubble when there was a little stack out. What'd he have? 64s. Yes, six high.

Luckily I didn't have complete trash. I had K7s, which held up for once. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Oh and for the record, T8s beats AKs every time. Why? Because T8s is the ultimate suckout hand. It's the best ever. I love it.

What I hate about the $11s-$22s is the really really tight play, followed by stupidly loose calls. I played a $22 last night with two other 2+2ers (ugh), which was something like 8-9 handed at level 4. At one point I pick up 89o in the SB, all fold to me, and I make a very standard push with about t800 (his stack was comparable). I'm called instantly by A3o and busted. I mean, there wasn't even the slightest pause between me getting my chips out, and him hitting the call button.

I say "gg" and make a comment about the insta-call, which was more for the 2+2ers at the table than the player who busted me. The BB comes on the chat as I'm leaving and says "heads-up with any ace...I call everytime." I laughed, and pictured johnnybeef's avatar. It was good.

Sponger15SB
06-19-2005, 08:24 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/Sponger15aa/POKAH.jpg

TWINUNO
06-19-2005, 11:14 PM
Talk about no FE
***** Hand History for Game 2233712399 *****
NL Hold'em $10 Buy-in + $1 Entry Fee Trny:13245156 Level:6 Blinds(100/200) - Sunday, June 19, 23:08:25 EDT 2005
Table Table 11664 (Real Money)
Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 10: Courts1217 ( $1540 )
Seat 3: firedawg76 ( $2710 )
Seat 6: Hero( $1145 )
Seat 7: gpaul7777 ( $615 )
Seat 8: gopackgo04 ( $1990 )
Trny:13245156 Level:6
Blinds(100/200)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to twinlentini [ Td As ]
gopackgo04 folds.
Courts1217 folds.
firedawg76 folds.
Hero is all-In [1045]
gpaul7777 is all-In [415]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 2h, 4c, 8c ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ Kc ]
** Dealing River ** [ Js ]
Hero shows [ Td, As ] high card ace.
gpaul7777 shows [ 2d, Qd ] a pair of twos.
Hero wins 530 chips from side pot #1 with high card ace.
gpaul7777 wins 1230 chips from the main pot with