PDA

View Full Version : GT+ 12 tabling lag question

galahad_187
06-19-2005, 02:58 PM
I just started using GT+ while 12 tabling and i also use autohot key instead of a mouse, while using mult-table helper by OrcaDK found here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2458555&page=2&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=) and all those together develop pretty bad lag.

If anyone else uses those combos have you found a way to reduce lag - i hate making others at the table wait for my actions every few minutes.

thanks,

galahad

Rick Nebiolo
06-19-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just started using GT+ while 12 tabling and i also use autohot key instead of a mouse, while using mult-table helper by OrcaDK found here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2458555&page=2&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=) and all those together develop pretty bad lag.

If anyone else uses those combos have you found a way to reduce lag - i hate making others at the table wait for my actions every few minutes.

thanks,

galahad

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a big believer in using two hard disks (along with an exteral hard disk for data backup) and breaking them into several partitions, isolating programs from data and using "Norton Ghost" a make perfect restoreable backups of the "WinXP and Programs" partition to a special partition (on the other disk) on a regular basis. This is great for recovering from major failures and protecting data.

Anyway, I had an unused partition and moved my pokertracker databases there They are the only files in that partition, and I compact and degrag every day. Seems to keep the speed up on my ever increasing databases by quite a bit. That said, it's hard to tell how much this helps, as I didn't exactly test using constants.

BTW, if you are interested I'll find the link to the pokertracker forum thread where it explains how you set up the databases when they are moved from the pokertracker folder.

~ Rick

PS You must use Ghost so it works from a DOS floppy, since if you have a major crash you won't be able to get into Windows.