PDA

View Full Version : Analysis tool?

djguy
06-19-2005, 01:08 PM
I've been looking at posts in this forum and I'm still a little confused about what's out there and where to get it.

I'm looking for a tool that will help me track how I play. I don't necessarily want to track my opponents play. I'm trying to determine where my weaknesses lie so I can correct mistakes.

Is there any kind of software out there that will do that? If so, where do it get it?

I don't play at any of the sites that PT will automatically work on (I play the Sportingbet site Aces.com). Does PT have a way for me to manually input data on my play?

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

DJ

OrianasDaad
06-19-2005, 05:56 PM
Manually inputting stuff into PT would be underkill (is that even a word?)

Just keep all your info in a notebook. You want the most relavent information.

Write down each hand you play in a session, and all the action that goes with it that you participate in. Write down the session start and end-times, limit played, and the amount of money won/lost.

----------

Party Session 1/2 limit, 06/19/06, 9:15AM-1:00PM +$32

BB: 68o, fold to MP3 raise and two callers.
SB: 65s, four callers, limp, flop is TJ9 - fold
Button: 32o, fold.
CO: AKo, two limpers, MP3 raises, I 3-bet, all fold to MP3 who caps, I call...

etc...

----------

From there, you can post hand histories here on hands where you were lost. This will go a long way to improving yoru decision making abilites at the table. Also take a stab at responding to other people's hands without looking at other responses first. This will take you even further.

Make sure you keep notes of how big the pot is at each place you make a decision (other than a pre-flop fold), along with the number and position of players in the pot.

This will be next to impossible to do on multiple tables, but it really focuses you on the game if you are playing a single table.

djguy
06-20-2005, 06:59 PM
Thanks OD. I'll give it a whirl. But being so computer-dependent I rarely write anything these days. Guess if I want software help I'll have to change to another poker site that's supported by the tracker software.

You wouldn't happen to know any spreadsheet type software that would do something similar. I can type a helluva lot faster than I can write. I'd set something up in Excel if I knew what the hell I was doing (pokerwise that is).

DJ