PDA

View Full Version : Dancing on air...

Ed Miller
01-20-2003, 05:06 AM
4-8 at Muckleshoot. This game is kind of bizarre.. it is tight before the flop, but very loose after the flop. I have the A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif J /forums/images/icons/club.gif in MP and open-raise. The SB and BB (both who call too much in the blinds) call. I've also noticed two other things about the BB... he tends to significantly overplay marginal holdings like top pair/no kicker in multiway pots, and he loves to checkraise... 3-handed to the flop.

Flop is T /forums/images/icons/club.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/club.gif . Checked to me and I bet. SB folds and BB calls. Turn is 3 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif . He checks, I bet, and he checkraises. What to do now?

JoeyT
01-20-2003, 05:20 AM
eh. You're around 6.5 to 1 on the call after the rake it looks like. I'd look at the river and call a bet if you improve.

Jason Pohl
01-20-2003, 05:29 AM
Fold. Checkraises on the turn are rarely bluffs, and the fact that he waited with this flop and that complete brick on the turn indicates strength. Besides, even if he is overaggressive, he still has you beat with one pair or better.

As far as pot odds, 6.5 to 1 odds are not enough, especially when you consider how often you are drawing dead...and calling to hit one pair or a 4th nut flush is only going to cost you an extra bet when you are beat by a higher flush.

--Jason

balt999
01-20-2003, 09:16 AM
In my experience in low limit games...checkraising on the turn usually means a strong hand...probably 98 percent of the time....in this situation...I would probably fold...

hillbilly
01-20-2003, 11:17 AM
especially against loose post flop players who like to checkraise....does that qualify here?...did you concider what your plan would be if check-raised before you bet the turn?

checking behind foils his ploy and saves you two BB if he has a higher club draw (and the clubs come in)...your Ace and J "might" be outs as well if he is betting a naked big club with a Ten

i think i am content to see the river for free here and go from there