PDA

View Full Version : Great Relative Position and then . . . D'oh!

colgin
06-19-2005, 12:12 PM
The pre-flop raiser tends to be fairly aggressive post-flop as well. Please comment on my original plan (or what you think it was) and how I adjusted.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (11.33 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (7.16 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls.

River: (10.16 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 12.16 BB

toss
06-19-2005, 12:15 PM
I don't think you could do anything differently. Flop MP3 checked behind and checlraising would blow everyone out. Flop is raggedy so I don't mind calling here. Checkraising button on the turn is bad and theres a chance he might check through. So I woulda bet too.

Yako
06-19-2005, 12:15 PM
Dude, if you're gonna bet out the turn, why didn't you c/r the flop? That was your original plan right? And if you aren't gonna c/r the flop, shouldn't you trydo it on the turn instead of betting out?

EDIT: Ok, well, looks like the post above mine by Toss answers all my questions...

keikiwai
06-19-2005, 01:49 PM
In spite of the ragged flop not c/r or betting out the flop is not good w/ a villain "who tends to be aggressive post flop."

Bet out on the flop, if he's aggressive he'll pay you off w/ AK, AA, possibly QQ.... also, the lie and wait and betting out when the 4 pairs makes it look like you have either triples or a set (which you do) so I think you're missing bets. Betting out on the flop makes it look like you have a K and are trying to take down a ragged flop. I think you have much higher chance of getting properly paid off doing this...

but pfr shows 0 aggression post flop...

Trix
06-19-2005, 03:00 PM
id go ahead and CR the turn, usually i dont think MP will call AQ or such when you bet out anyway.