PDA

View Full Version : Quick Flop Question

imported_PP123
06-19-2005, 06:24 AM
$6-$12

MP1: loose and moderately aggressive guy.
CO: not good but ok tag.
Button: loose-passive
SB: tight-passive.
BB: tight-passive.

Hero is MP2 with K /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif.

MP1 calls, Hero raises, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls. 6 players.

Flop (12 SB): A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Checked to MP1 who bets, Hero...?

I have middle pair + an inside straight draw, but the board is very coordinated with all high cards. Easy raise anyway?

toss
06-19-2005, 08:34 AM
I'd raise to try and get position for the rest of the streets. Plus the pot is getting big too.

MHarris
06-19-2005, 08:46 AM
I think I just peel one off here and see how the action develops. The board isn't really coordinated in a good way for you, and most, if not all, of your outs are tainted or to a split pot. Button is probably going to call two bets here with any hand he'll call one bet with. Not to mention, you've got a TAG who called two cold right behind you and this pot can easily be 3-bet and capped by the time it gets back to you.

sy_or_bust
06-19-2005, 10:36 AM
Raise, unless you expect many callers. You'd like to get heads up with MP1, or at least 3-handed with Button in, but if that's impossible you have no reason to raise.

imported_PP123
06-19-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
$6-$12

MP1 calls, Hero raises, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls. 6 players.

Flop (12 SB): A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

...raised, CO cold-called, Button folded, SB cold-called, BB folded, MP1 called. 4 players to the turn.

Turn (10 BB): Some blank
Checked to hero who checks. I didn't want to bet since I couldn't fold to a raise. Whitout the gutshot I would have bet-fold. Like it?

River (10 BB): Some blank
MP1 bet, hero called, CO called, SB folded.

CO took it down with A8s and hero took him off his tag list...

imported_PP123
06-19-2005, 05:47 PM
It would be an honour to me if someone commented my hand.

ihardlyknowher
06-19-2005, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
$6-$12

I have middle pair + an inside straight draw, but the board is very coordinated with all high cards. Easy raise anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I fold here. Your Q outs are probably no good as is the T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Not to mention if you catch a T, you could very well chop.

jjacky
06-19-2005, 05:51 PM
ok /images/graemlins/smile.gif

i think it is an easy fold on the flop. it is almost sure that you are behind. probably you only have 2 outs to win (the kings) and 3 or 4 to a tie ( the Ts). if you should draw out (or be ahead, what would almost be a miracle) there are certainly many redraws.

mosta
06-20-2005, 08:21 AM
I see the attraction of a raise, but because I don't see anyone folding any ace, I lean towards calling the flop. the rest is okay. because the turn checked around I think you have to call the river.