PDA

View Full Version : 20 car pile up, low content

pdxjayhawk
06-19-2005, 03:37 AM
2 and a half hours tonight at a .50/1 table at UB.

Like watching 20 car crashes on the interstate happening right in front of you. Over and over.

Guys raising with crap. Calling down unbelieveable suckouts. Etc.

Lost 12 BB in about two hours, and didn't give a d**n. Loved it, in fact.

Why? Maybe the mood I was in. I play Hold Em for entertainment, and I'm usually at tables that are way under my bankroll, so the money is of little consequence.

I can see why good players love those loose games, despite the variance. It is frustrating as hell to watch your raised AA turn in to trips and get cracked by a guy who flushes holding J5 suited.

But I couldn't tear myself away. Is there something wrong with me?

aK13
06-19-2005, 04:36 AM
12 BB in 2 hours? thats nothing.

I've busted on tables in 20 minutes. (Of course, I typically come back and end up + for the session =P).

einbert
06-19-2005, 04:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Lost 12 BB in about two hours,

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow really? Am I really going to have losing streaks that big even if I'm a winning player?

/images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I don't think I could take the stress of losing so much :-/.

BritNewbie
06-19-2005, 06:49 AM
it's called rubber-necking, I believe :-)

Jaran
06-19-2005, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lost 12 BB in about two hours,

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow really? Am I really going to have losing streaks that big even if I'm a winning player?

/images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I don't think I could take the stress of losing so much :-/.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's how you deal with these kind of moster swings that will tell wheather or not you're a winning player. From the sound of your post, I suggest origami /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

-Jaran