PDA

View Full Version : LONDON CALLING!!! The Clash - Better than the Fab Four.

Zeno
01-20-2003, 12:53 AM
Recently, Joe Strummer died and the worms are now eating at his brain. But he left a lasting legacy with London Calling. I had not listen to this album (originally a two set vinyl, now in CD of course) in close to 20 years. I purchased the CD this weekend and Have enjoyed it immensely. I forget how good it was. It beats most (not all) of the Beatles albums. It is also more creative. It is a real mix of different types of music from jazz, 50's rock, blues, punk, pop, even ray-gay, Bo- diddlely beats. Use of horns, powerful guitar licks, vocals, etc. Good lyics also, from London Calling the title track:

London Calling, now don't look to us
Phoney Beatlemania has bitten the dust

The song Jimmy Jazz is a real music masterpierce.

Cut of his ears and,
Chop off his head

Song Wrong'em Boyo is also. Train in Vain, Revolution Rock, Brand New Cadillac, The Right Profile, Rudie can't fail (part punk bo-diddely beat). In fact there is not a bad track on this babe - a few b-type songs but all good. Put it on and crank up the volume. Slam a whiskey and roll a joint. Enjoy. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

-Zeno

baggins
01-22-2003, 04:11 AM
i never did dig the clash. at least not as a punk band. i respect their music, but just never got into it.