PDA

View Full Version : 30/60 J7s

ALL1N
06-19-2005, 03:10 AM
So the table filled up and I've just unchecked autopost (I prefer short). I'm uncertain (but also disinterested) with the limp preflop. Button is a reasonable LAG, SB is unknown.

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG+1 posts a blind of $30.
UTG calls, UTG+1 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (14 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP3 folds, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

River: (10.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

How is this? I believe I can count on SB bluffing this river with any flush draw but the nut one most of the time if we're headsup.

ALL1N
06-20-2005, 12:18 AM
Anybody?? I thought it was interesting.

If you don't like the line, please tell me where you would have raised and why.

ActionBob
06-20-2005, 01:30 AM
Fold preflop.

-ActionBob

Subfallen
06-20-2005, 03:12 AM
I like putting in a turn raise so button doesn't have odds to draw to a gutshot.

Degen
06-20-2005, 05:06 AM
is it possible to play more loose passive?

17percent
06-20-2005, 05:52 AM
pretty much a catch22 either way you go with this... raise and you might lose action or be way behind.. cold calling might get you a little more action but risk letting raiser hit his set/gutshot.. personally i just call, your raises will most likely only be called by better hands.. but there are so many factors you cant just say there is one way to play this...

koa
06-20-2005, 11:24 AM
what your read on him? It looks like hes betting a draw, but does he play his made hands like this? If you feel your kicker is bad I guess your line is fine, but if you feel you have the best you should of raised the turn to make him for his flush draw.

dbecham
06-20-2005, 02:12 PM
I hate everything about this hand.

#1 what makes you think this hand has any value preflop other than a mediocre flush draw?

#2 you get a dream flop with that hand other than JJ7. Are you slowing playing it or what? If not might as well make him pay double for his flush draw.

#3 if you were slowing playing time to fire.

#4 if the SB is unknown how can you count on him to do anything. If you have made him pay earlier, this is a much easier river to play.

If you lost to flush, high trips or full house, you could have been saved preflop by folding. If you won the hand, i think you missed a few bets.

ALL1N
06-21-2005, 09:53 AM
SB flipped up Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and dragged it.

I'll have to defer to you guys on the preflop limp, I'm probably overvaluing this sort of hand from SH play.

Funny the responses, I thought that even though postflop turned out weird, raising any street would have been pretty bad. I don't need to charge the flush draw because he's going to charge himself most of the time, and I want to save bets against a better J.

Note the awesomeness of a turn 3-bet if button decides to raise this turn (with AQ or 88 etc) and SB just calls. This just cannot happen if I raise the turn.

Also, somebody mentioned raising the turn to shut out KQ/KT. Clearly if I'm behind or if the SB has a flush draw (reducing the gutty to 3 outs) then letting the PFR in doesn't hurt me.

1800GAMBLER
06-21-2005, 10:16 AM
I like your thought process, but i think you are overvaluing this: 'I don't need to charge the flush draw because he's going to charge himself most of the time'

Firstly, you say 'most' so you acknowledge that against the flush draw this line doesn't make you as much as possible yet the advantages of this cost aren't that great, the player behind will often drop, and most importantly SB will often have other crappy hands that will pay off a raise and a river bet. Pocket pairs etc.

Man, the video to I see girls is great.

mikelow
06-21-2005, 11:06 AM
I think this is a fold preflop.