PDA

View Full Version : I just had a dream situation and I screwed it up (PP 15/30)

Dazarath
06-19-2005, 03:00 AM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (17 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls.

I think I should have checkraised here, but I bet out hoping to be able to 3-bet.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds.

After I bet the flop, I didn't feel like trying to checkraise the turn, so I bet out again.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

How would you guys play this? I was considering folding preflop.

steaknshake925
06-19-2005, 03:14 AM
i play it the same. there was a lot of preflop action and its a pretty drawy flop so you should expect to get raised somewhere, and you can go lots of bets on the flop and keep jamming the turn. i gues everyone had JJ or something, but thats life. flop bet i think is standard, so is the turn since you cant risk a check-thru. its just unfortunate that no one had anything.

i hope folding preflop was a joke?

oreogod
06-19-2005, 04:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was considering folding preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll fit right in.

PS: I check-raise the flop. I like betting out, but I like CR more. About preflop, seriously, what could they have that beats u?

flawless_victory
06-19-2005, 04:13 AM
OMG. betting out here hoping to threebet is not good. if there was ever a time to slowplay, this is it. check/call.

mosta
06-19-2005, 05:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
....About preflop, seriously, what could they have that beats u?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is really f'n funny.

1800GAMBLER
06-19-2005, 06:54 AM
I had a dream situation that i screwed up yesterday. I limp AA utg. 5 limpers behind. BB raises. I get disconnected.

steaknshake925
06-19-2005, 11:09 AM
can someone explain the reasoning for check-calling or checkraising as opposed to leading? is it to keep KK--JJ in for a bet on the flop? my thinking was that the preflop capper is on your right, so betting out could get called by UTG and UTG+1, then raised by MP3 so you trap the field for 3 bets, and go from there. if you check-call the flop, whats your line for the turn? CR MP3?

DcifrThs
06-19-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
can someone explain the reasoning for check-calling or checkraising as opposed to leading? is it to keep KK--JJ in for a bet on the flop? my thinking was that the preflop capper is on your right, so betting out could get called by UTG and UTG+1, then raised by MP3 so you trap the field for 3 bets, and go from there. if you check-call the flop, whats your line for the turn? CR MP3?

[/ QUOTE ]

uh look at the board. what could all three of them have that can raise your betting-into-the-capper ass on the flop? easiest check ever.

call thef lop, then check the turn and call and bet the river. you're not goint to get money (a lot of it) when you flop AAA on an A42 board. so you have to induce KK-TT to give you whatever action you can. check the flop, check the turn bet the river.

and its not a dream situation. a dream situation is having 88 vs. AA and KK on an AK8 flop and then 1 outing them on the turn for a AK88 board giving you the nuts and both of them sick-ass boats.

-Barron

Dazarath
06-19-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
About preflop, seriously, what could they have that beats u?

[/ QUOTE ]

A /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif... I only like playing in capped pots preflop if I have black aces.

Seriously, though, it was a joke. I'm just glad it was online, because I must've looked like a 5 year old in a candy shop.

To the other responses: I realized right after I clicked the bet button that it was a huge mistake. I need to surpress the urge to bet sometimes.