PDA

View Full Version : weird question about steps

curtains
06-19-2005, 02:36 AM
Does anyone know how long it generalyl takes for a ministep $400 buyin or step 5 $1000 buyin to get started on a regular weekday evening at peak hours? Basically what is the lagtime in between starts. Just curious if anyone has a basic idea whether its somehting like 5 minutes or if its 20.

lastchance
06-19-2005, 02:38 AM
You going to try to multitable them Curtains?

curtains
06-19-2005, 02:41 AM
Of course...at least I want to shoot for it in near future because I finally made my goal of 8 tabling $215s and ok I will get bored very soon if I don't increase the action. (Basically I want to move up and up and up until it seems I can't win anymore, and hopefully that won't ever happen) However if they don't start soon after each other, it'll be tough for me because I like to play in sets...

Anyway the 1ks are still quite a bit aways, but the 400s or the 500s on party/stars are near on the horizon if they are feasible.

Newt_Buggs
06-19-2005, 02:49 AM
keep us updated on this, I would love to watch you play some of these once you make it.

Does the removal of rakeback on party deter you at all from moving there for the higher SnGs? lol, sorry that I'm just asking questions and can't help you much with yours.

curtains
06-19-2005, 02:53 AM
If I was unable to receive rakeback, yes it would discourage me somewhat. I'll let you know when I start playing those games...I just need to figure out a way to do it smoothly while doing an 8 table set and not making it last much longer than usual.

This should likely be no problem if I play only one $400, but if I start playing 2-3, it might take 20-30 minutes to get them all started? But okay I guess I'll find out soon enough.

deathpotato
06-19-2005, 03:32 AM
Agh, I typed out a reply dealing with the step highers, and just now realized that you were talking about the mini step 5s (durr, maybe I shouldn't be playing). I play the step regulars/step highers occasionally for fun/a change of pace (lack of rakeback is one thing that deters me from playing them more), and I've been running extremely well on them, which is always nice. I haven't tried out the mini step 5s yet, but they're on my list. The step 5 regulars go off fairly frequently at peak times, although not enough to get 4 tables worth of them. I think your best bet is to combine step 5 regulars with step 4 regulars at mini step 5s, that should be enough to get 4 tables up almost always during the good evening hours. Of course, it might be confusing playing 3 different prize structures in 4 different games... but that's another matter.