PDA

View Full Version : Pocket pair hand

silkyslim
06-19-2005, 12:49 AM
SB is a donk. Villian likes to bluff but when he does he raises preflop with crap and leads unimproved. Dont know what his c/r means. I kind of position bet my 8's on the flop, then led the turn with no opposition. I called the raise because I had 6 outs (4x 6's and 2x 8's) and was getting 8-1. I folded the river because too many things beat me at that point. Questions, should I bother with the flop? should I fold the turn because the 6 and 8 of hearts make a flush?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

River: (9 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10 BB

silkyslim
06-19-2005, 01:55 AM
sorry for bump on my own thread but someone plz give me some feedback so I can go to sleep happy

istewart
06-19-2005, 01:58 AM
So does Villain like to bluff when he doesn't raise preflop? Tough hand, IMHO, I guess the turn call is alright if you're just calling for straight/set outs, but still pretty thin. On the other hand, good chance you still have the best hand against this Villain.

silkyslim
06-19-2005, 02:05 AM
so do u like the river fold?

istewart
06-19-2005, 02:07 AM
Like I said, it's hard. There are a lot of things that beat you here, including a turn semi-bluff check/raise with /images/graemlins/heart.gifs that got there. If you've seen him bluff a lot I think you've got to look him up, but I would fold in this situation against most.

aK13
06-19-2005, 02:13 AM
I would probably call down.

If you know him to be a habitual bluffer, I'd like to take him to showdown a couple times HU, just for your table image against him, so he'll keep it in his mind that you don't fold, and so hopefully he'll take less cheap shots at you in the future.. Also, I think this guy is bluffing 1/10 times on the river to justify a call as well.

Paxosmotic
06-19-2005, 06:50 AM
I'll probably stand alone on this island, but... Raise pre-flop and 3-bet the turn. You almost certainly isolate him, after which you can bet the flop, bet the turn, 3-bet if raised, check/call the river if capped and bet the river and probably see a fold if not. Given the range of hands that he'd c/r with and his position, I can't give him credit for an 86s or much of anything. I think the only strong thing he might have is an A9s. I still like our chances here, and if it's capped we may even get a free showdown if he tries to c/r again.

silkyslim
06-19-2005, 01:01 PM
thats insane