PDA

View Full Version : Limit SnG

JackWhite
06-18-2005, 09:56 PM
Blinds are 50-100, 7 people remaining. I was on the button with 500 in chips. One limper, I raise with 10-10, SB folds, BB calls. 650 in pot. Flop comes J-5-2 rainbow. BB checks, Limper bets, I...???

Isura
06-18-2005, 10:02 PM
2+2er's play limit SNGs? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif
So you only have 3BB on the flop right? I think I'm raising the flop. With 7 players left there's no point in waiting around with 3BB. BTW, what was the bettor's stack size? If he's short too, this seems like an easy calldown.

JackWhite
06-18-2005, 10:06 PM
What is wrong with playing limit SnG's? Lot of terrible players to be found. Anyway, back to the hand.

Bettor had a big stack, so I decided to make my stand and raise to get heads up and hope he is bluffing. He re-raised to put me all-in and flipped over J-10. I was drawing to one out, and of course, did not hit it.

I was doubting myself after the play. If I fold that I still have 300. I have made comebacks to win with less than that.

Isura
06-18-2005, 11:32 PM
If you want to fold this type of flop, I think I'd rather limp preflop.

Edit: I think I'd limp preflop in this spot anyways. Invest 1/5 of our stack, and we'll flop an overpair or better 40% of the time. Get away from it if the flop is ugly, and put are chips in when we like the flop.