PDA

View Full Version : Poker Room.com Your recommendation?

PJM1206
06-18-2005, 09:35 PM
I was looking for a new site to play on. I have accounts on party, ultimate, Absolute, Poker Stars and paradise. I was looking at poker room.com. I play 1-2 full ring. I like to play ealry morning say 4 or 5 am. How is this site?

Thanks

Benholio
06-18-2005, 09:43 PM
Pokernow is a Party skin, so, it is the same as Party for game selection. (minus the jackpot tables)

PJM1206
06-18-2005, 09:48 PM
Because it is a party skin do I run into the issue of already having a party account and not being able to sign up for poker now?

PJM1206
06-18-2005, 09:52 PM
My error meant Poker Room.com now poker now.com

M Tal
06-18-2005, 10:31 PM
bonus is tough to clear at that level.
i like the site, good traffic etc,
a bunch of ppl hate it though.

Argus
06-19-2005, 02:30 AM
I think you'll be happy there. I used to play around that time a lot and I found the games pretty good. There are lots of Europeans on around that time. Pokerroom is a fairly small site; I'd guess there will be 3-4 full tables going at that time of day, but they are all usually pretty soft.

aK13
06-19-2005, 03:07 AM
I have heard their bonus is difficult to clear at 1/2 limits. It ends up being about 15-20x raked hands, I think, as you only get partial points from hands not raked over $1 from what I understand.

PJM1206
06-19-2005, 05:09 AM
What caught my attention was that they were offering a number of sign up bonus ranging from 7x to 15x to clear. The stats say you can clear at the rate of $6.xx per hour which is higher then Ulimatye and a few others. The info was on Bonuswhores.com

aK13
06-19-2005, 05:56 AM
There are some threads about the Pokerroom game on the bonuswhores forums. You might want to check those out.

playersare
06-19-2005, 11:09 AM
are you playing $1/2 LHE or NL? you will NOT clear the pokerroom bonus at $6/hr*table playing fixed limit, the rate would be closer to $3-4/hr (make sure you're reading the BW chart correctly for the exact game you play).

if you do decide to sign up for pokerroom, get the bonus with the LOWEST points clearing requirement, which is 7x. do not request a higher bonus amount at the expense of having to play a lot more hands to clear it. they have reloads often enough for you to mix and match your play with all the other sites you already signed up for.

as for the site itself, it's good for playing during off-peak hours since there are a lot of european skins which share the same network. pokerroom players are about as soft as party is at the same limits, perhaps slightly more loose-aggressive but not significantly so (we're not talking bodog here or anything).

in terms of sites you haven't signed up for yet, you can also get some pretty good $1/2 bonus action at the Cryptologic skins, as well as some of the Prima network sites. I might take these into consideration before pokerroom, at the levels you play.

PJM1206
06-21-2005, 03:06 PM
Thanks appreciate the comments

nghenryng
06-21-2005, 04:56 PM
you can go to pokertimesweekly.com
they have a summery of all the promotion

krimson
06-21-2005, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What caught my attention was that they were offering a number of sign up bonus ranging from 7x to 15x to clear. The stats say you can clear at the rate of $6.xx per hour which is higher then Ulimatye and a few others. The info was on Bonuswhores.com

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that bonuswhore's clearance rates are typically listed as being higher than they really are.

For $1/2 bonuses I would suggest the best bonuses are Party skins, crypto's, paradise and absolute. Paradise and absolute only allow 3 tables each, I usually play on both sites at the same time (6-table at 5/hr per table of bonus).

Once you move up to 2/4 the pokerroom and ultimate bet bonuses are quite a bit nicer.

Benholio
06-21-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I find that bonuswhore's clearance rates are typically listed as being higher than they really are.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good thing to mention. I sometimes do pokerroom for bonuses because you can clear them at SNG's. I tried to finish the latest bonus at the $50NL tables (BW states $4/hr clearance), and it ended up taking over twice as long as projected. I mentioned this at the BW forums and Gonzo replied saying that they may go through and update/redo the clearance tables.

playersare
06-21-2005, 05:34 PM
the OP had simply misread the BW chart and was quoting the $6/hr for $1/2 NL, not $1/2 LHE (which is closer to $3-4/hr).

a while back I had informed the BW staff to look into the LHE clearing rates at both Pokerroom and Poker Stars, both of which were significantly inaccurate. since February 2005 however, the fixed limit tables for these are fixed and trustworthy.

now as far as NL goes, I don't play much of it myself and obviously the high volatility of pot and rake sizes would make calculating precise bonus rates more difficult. and in the recent months where more people have started to play NL ring games AND tried to clear bonuses in that format, some people have brought it to the attention of Jek that the NL rates were being quoted too high. last I heard the BW staff was definitely working on it, though there are numerous additional mathematical factors involved compared to LHE rake/bonus structures.