PDA

View Full Version : "I can't believe thats all you have, you overplayed your hand!!

cpitt398
06-18-2005, 08:07 PM
15/30 Bellagio -
I raise A /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif UTG, UTG + 1 calls, MP calls, BB calls.

I was steaming a little earlier, so my image is probably semi loose aggressive, even though Im only playing looser preflop in position. UTG +1 buys in under 500 and plays any two cards higher than ten despite position and whether or not it was raised. She also gets frusterated easy. She tends not to reevaulate her hand with current action. MP plays every hand. Not too much on BB.
Flop is J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif. I bet, UTG+1 raises, MP calls, BB calls. Now I dont really like the flop, but I also didnt like getting called 3 times on my initial raise, so a Jack high flop is about as good as I can hope for here. So, I 3 bet. UTG+1 4 bets, MP folds (whew 1 down), BB calls, I decide I'm winning here and go ahead and 5 bet.
Turn 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, MP is visabaly frusterated that he folded and I Bet. UTG+1 calls BB calls.
River 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif, BB mucks, I bet UTG+1 calls.

She followed with the comment in the subject line. Followed by some more smack talk.

Discuss

surfdoc
06-18-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
MP is visabaly frusterated

[/ QUOTE ]

So am I.

Lestat
06-18-2005, 08:21 PM
So some lady who <font color="red">plays any two cards higher than a ten despite position and whether or not it was raised </font> makes a comment on the play of a hand. And... You actually care what she had to say? Why did you post this?

flawless_victory
06-18-2005, 08:26 PM
did you lose? 33?

cpitt398
06-18-2005, 11:16 PM
Whether or not overplayed my hand was the ultimate discussion I was hoping to convey here. I have played this lady before but couldn't remember too much about her. She is a regular at the Bellagio, but I am assuming she is not a winning player.
This reminds me of these qoutes in the Cincinnati Kid. Where Steve McQueen says, "I must have overplayed my hand". The Man says,"thats a dangerous thing to do". Steve McQueen replies, "depends on who your sitting with".
I am hoping to get some discussion. I will reply later on the outcome and the trash talking that ensued. Its actually pretty amusing.

Your Mom
06-18-2005, 11:26 PM
These kind of posts are only okay if you have at least 1000 posts; otherwise, you will get ridiculed.

Subfallen
06-18-2005, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
These kind of posts are only okay if you have at least 1000 posts; otherwise, you will get ridiculed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Deservedly IMO.

Sinnister
06-19-2005, 12:08 AM
I usually play AJ passively utg if at all especially in a loose game like that. My poker needs alot of work, cuz after the flop id be a little scared but probably wouldve played the flop just as hard. on the turn if resistance got heavy if probably i mightve mucked it overall gj with the hand, u extracted maximum value thruough sheer aggression. But i wouldnt be super convinced that that was the way to play it. If it was me with my meek 1/2 requirements, id have folded ajo utg

cpitt398
06-19-2005, 05:18 AM
First of all, I dot undersand the logic behind the 1000 post requirements. If you want to mock me go ahead. I lurk on a few different boards and dont post too often. I have found this board to be the most thoughtful as far as hand anayalsis goes. If I have to post 1000 hands to get a valid response, all I can say is go [censored] yourself. I personally dont have time to post as often as you might have. If I have to post every chance I get and repeat answers that established members have already given to gain your respect, I dont want it. I am trying to be the best poker player as my intellect will let me be and I assume everyone else on this board is aspiring the same.
I expected some decent dicussion about this hand whether it was negative or positive. For those who actually care I will post the conclusion in the morning or early afternoon.

Nightwish
06-19-2005, 05:22 AM
You played it just fine.

Analyst
06-19-2005, 06:04 AM
I probably would have just called the 4-bet on the flop, but then again I'm too passive. Other than that, it was fine.

What I don't understand is your comment about not really liking the flop. Sure, it would have been nice if the 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif was the 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, but what else were you hoping for on the flop? You can't flop top boat or quads every time, and TPTK isn't chopped liver.

Lawrence Ng
06-19-2005, 06:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

First of all, I dot undersand the logic behind the 1000 post requirements. If you want to mock me go ahead. I lurk on a few different boards and dont post too often. I have found this board to be the most thoughtful as far as hand anayalsis goes

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't take it so heavily.

When I first returned to 2+2 after the forum changed its structure, I was mocked like hell too (and still am!!!).

Anyways, you played the hand fine. Anyone with overpair on that board is gonna 3-bet preflop and if 33 played his hand passively on the turn and river, then he deserves the pussy of the year reward.

1800GAMBLER
06-19-2005, 06:41 AM
This is stupid, you obviously overplayed it. If the player you are against says you overplayed your hand then they obviously are more passive than you are and your 5 bet is def not justified.

cpitt398
06-19-2005, 03:01 PM
Anyways, she calls and says what do you have a full house or an overpair? ad turns over KJ, no diamond. As I was stacking chips she was talking to the guy on her left saying that she was trying to get it Head Up. I chimned in that I was trying my best to help her out. ( I thought I was being friendly here). She went a little nuts raising her voice a little saying I wasn't trying to help her out, I was overplaying my hand. I laughed and replied, "obviously I wasn't". She fired back with a yes you did. I waited about five seconds to let her think she might have won the arguement and then I put the needle in. I was still stacking chips and said, "sometimes you gotta know who it is safe to 5 bet with only one pair". She got pissed. "dont give me lessons, i wasnt even talking to you, yada yada". It was pretty funny to say the least.

She threw in 60 EXTRA dollars jamming the pot drawing dead. Granted she was trying to get me HU on the flop. I dont know maybe 60 dollars is worth pushing out a straight draw to get yourself 3 extra outs. How much is an out worth here?

augie00
06-19-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise A J UTG

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I was steaming a little earlier

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Im only playing looser preflop in position

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you're still steaming. Since when is UTG in position?

radek2166
06-19-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I raise A J UTG

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I was steaming a little earlier

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Im only playing looser preflop in position

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you're still steaming. Since when is UTG in position?

[/ QUOTE ]

nh sir!

etizzle
06-19-2005, 06:02 PM
Raising AJ UTG has nothing to do with steaming.

Certainly an argument can be made for mucking it under the right game conditions, but most in this forum would raise it.

Senor Choppy
06-19-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now I dont really like the flop...and go ahead and 5 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hm.

cpitt398
06-19-2005, 07:35 PM
whats my options? Calling, then what, check and risk it checking through. I didnt like the flop, not b/c I was losing but I knew there was going to be people chasing and I had a decent chance of losing to a flush or straight depending on what came. I chose to make the chasers pay as much as possible for their chance to win.

mosta
06-19-2005, 09:57 PM
one pair is not worth five bets on the flop (or 3 on the flop and 2 and the turn) unless you are against a known maniac (like a party 70/50). your description does not indicate maniac, but if you knew she was then nh but not all that interesting. I call the four bet down unless I have a good read that it is someone I can fold to. the part of the hand that you seem to think is interesting is the "smack talk". must hvae felt real good. you tried to relive it here--unfortunately you kind of got rained on. the part where you wait five seconds--that's sweet!

Diplomat
06-20-2005, 12:13 AM
The logic here is very poor; that said the conclusion is correct.

-Diplomat

1800GAMBLER
06-20-2005, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The logic here is very poor; that said the conclusion is correct.

-Diplomat

[/ QUOTE ]

How so?

Diplomat
06-20-2005, 12:58 AM
You know, I just typed out a response, then realized I mis-read your original post. I had it ass-backwards. (my mistake)

So yeah. Nevermind. Ahem. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

-Diplomat