PDA

View Full Version : 76sutited in no-limit tournament

lwinfieldm
01-19-2003, 03:47 PM
tj cloutier has been quoted as saying suited conectors are appropiate when it is large stack against large stack and you are trying to take someone off for a lot of chips.
the blinds are 100/200 i have $9000 in chips 76suited on the button.a senisible player raises $700 in 3rd position i put him on AA KK QQ orAK he also has $9000 in chips everyone folds around to me.i say to fold the hand
reasons:
the odds of floping 2 pair or a strait or at least 30to1
if u flop a flush he can catch a higher flush if he has no no club he probably wont lose a lot of chips to you.
if u flop trips he still probably wont lose a lot of chips to you.any other flop will probably cost you a lot of chips instead of him
WHERE AM I WRONG HERE?

ohkanada
01-20-2003, 01:35 AM
I think if the raise only takes 5% of your stack then it is an good call assuming you can handle the situations where you flop 1 pair and that you are willing to be aggressive with a flush or straight draw. If you are not then fold.

Some say you can call the raise if it takes 10% of your stack but that seems a bit high for me. 10% is okay for small pairs but I think a bit much for suited connectors.

Ken Poklitar