PDA

View Full Version : Yankees Cubs 6/17 trip report

Voltron87
06-18-2005, 04:53 PM
So last friday I went to the Yanks Cubs game with a couple friends. Awesome game. We sat right behind the right foul pole, 10 rows in the fair direction and ten rows deep. Nice seats, perfect for Burnitz heckling (YOUR CAREER IS JOKE BURNITZ). I'll do bullet points.

- I hate trendy cubs fans.

- Fewer Yankees need 50 Cent songs as their batting intro. It's a little ridiculous when every batter in the 1st inning has one. Posada's Daddy Yankee song is staying though.

- I had to walk all the way to the 2nd tier 3rd base concession to get $6 nachos. Unacceptable. Beer is 8.50.

- I really hate fans who just go to the game and then bitch. The woman behind me who kept saying "you suck pavano" after every freakin ball he pitched needed to shut the [censored] up. As well as getting angry every time womack flies out. Seriously, just enjoy yourself people.

- To the guy complaining at us for getting on you feet and yelling too often: me and my friends will stand whenever we want to, thank you very much. Get on your feet fatass, cheer for your team.

- To all the Cubs fans singing "root root root for the cubbies" during the 7th inning stretch when you were up 6-4: BWHAHAHAHAHA

- Matsui is just awesome. So clutch. His HR was pretty much straight at us. My friend called it, the specific pitch, saying "Matsui hits this one right to us", so awesome.

- Making an ass out of yourself doing that thing where you bounce shoulders with your friends to celebrate (someone knows what I mean): so much fun. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

- I really [censored] hate trandy cubs fans.

- Tickets: 40$. Soda, nachos, etc: $10. Watching cubs fans leave the stadium in the bottom of the 8th after matsui sealed the deal in the 8th with a 2 run double (what a beast, 3-4 5 RBI), after hearing them all sing and chant and high five: PRICELESS

- There's a new spoon guy in the bleachers.

- Enter Sandman: Still the best entrance in sports.

- In closing: I really love going to baseball games. Those seats are my favorite, it's loud, you can sing along with the roll call etc, generally awesome, rowdy and fun.

07-21-2005, 01:01 AM
What is the name of the song they play for Poasada, and who sings it?