PDA

View Full Version : Clear call, correct?

octaveshift
06-18-2005, 04:26 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t1205)
Button (t2125)
SB (t1560)
Hero (t3110)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

UTG pushes. SB pushes.

Freudian
06-18-2005, 04:27 PM
Don't know who pushed. Doesn't matter though. I think I am ahead of their range enough to call.

octaveshift
06-18-2005, 04:30 PM
I bought SnGA today, and I am eagerly awaiting the activation code so I can stop peppering the board with these sorts of questions.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

tminus
06-18-2005, 08:52 PM
Dear Aquashaft,
id call, they're both small and about to be cut by the blinds so i think their hands might be inferior to yours....plus you could double up

if, on the other hand, button was one of the two players pushing i might fold

btw - freudians avatar was the one i was referrig to when you showed me that deformed guy (you should give him the link) lol

Freudian
06-18-2005, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dear Aquashaft,
id call, they're both small and about to be cut by the blinds so i think their hands might be inferior to yours....plus you could double up

if, on the other hand, button was one of the two players pushing i might fold

btw - freudians avatar was the one i was referrig to when you showed me that deformed guy (you should give him the link) lol

[/ QUOTE ]

But if you fold you are ITM with a stack of 3100.

If you call and win you have a great chance of 1st.

If you call and lose you are in trouble.

Guess this is a test of risk aversion more than anything.

I'd fold here btw. Against one of them I like TT. Against both (even with weird ranges) there are so many cards on the board that will hurt me.

Matt R.
06-18-2005, 08:56 PM
Hell yeah. Especially with your stack. Use those chips! He'd have to be the tightest bubble player in the world for me to fold this.

Edit -- Good thing I'm retarded. Didn't notice the SB push as well. I'd still call with your stack, but I like it quite a bit less then before (when I couldn't read correctly). You'll still have some chips to play with should you lose, and one of them will either be crippled or eliminated.

KramerTM
06-18-2005, 09:01 PM
Fold and root for the SB.

tminus
06-20-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

But if you fold you are ITM with a stack of 3100.
If you call and win you have a great chance of 1st.
If you call and lose you are in trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is currently the most challenging part of the game for me

octaveshift
06-20-2005, 01:47 PM
Sadly, I screwed up the details of this hand.

UTG pushed for 1205, and UTG just CALLED the 1205. (He didn't push.)

Absent all reads, and looking at bet amounts only, this is either weakness or a trap. When in doubt, I tend to go with weakness, because it's a low buy-in.

wiggs73
06-20-2005, 01:51 PM
I'd call. Chances are great that you'll be ITM either way, and if you take them both out and have a 4:1 chip advantage heads up, that would be pretty huge.

nokona13
06-20-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Absent all reads, and looking at bet amounts only, this is either weakness or a trap. When in doubt, I tend to go with weakness, because it's a low buy-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've changed my mind twice about this. I was first going to post that I would also call. My reasoning was that UTG could have a huge range of hands, and I'd say SB probably pushes with AK or AQ here, meaning you're probably a favorite to double up. But upon further review, there's 32 AK/AQ hands, and 24 better pairs SB could have. You're a slight favorite to the 32 and a big dog to the 24. Unless you think SB would push AJ/AT here, I think the calculations come out as a fold in cEV and ICM. But, I'm thinking maybe this could be a new Gigabet Block Model call. If you lose to SB, you still have t1500, and you're in the money. If you lose to UTG, you have T1800 and SB is almost completely crippled, or you have t2100 if you beat SB while losing to UTG. Either way, you're either in the money or have t1800 with one player down to t300 or so, making you a huge favorite to at least cash and still giving you a decent shot at first. If you call and win, you're all but a lock for first. Could this be a situation where the "blocks" between t1500 and t3000 are worth less than the blocks below t1500 and less than say the blocks between t4000 and t6000 that you want to call with a neutral or marginally -cEV play in order to get to t6000 heads up?

RobGW
06-20-2005, 02:07 PM
You need to win this about 35% of the time to breakeven. Against overcards and an underpair you win about 45%. Against two sets of overcards you win about 45%. Against an overpair though you only win 20%. I would be somewhat concerned about the SB. He does not have to get involved here but he chose to call an all in for all his chips. So he has something he likes. Folding here guarantees an increase in your $EV. I'd personally fold here but I don't think its clear at all.

octaveshift
06-20-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you lose to SB, you still have t1500, and you're in the money. If you lose to UTG, you have T1800 and SB is almost completely crippled, or you have t2100 if you beat SB while losing to UTG. Either way, you're either in the money or have t1800 with one player down to t300 or so, making you a huge favorite to at least cash and still giving you a decent shot at first. If you call and win, you're all but a lock for first.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the exact line of thinking I used when deciding to call. I will either end up busting both, and ending up with a monster stack, or end up ITM with a medium stack.

I am a fan of playing for first, so I tend to go with the move that will give me more chips.

This might be a leak in my game, but I think situations like this rarely come up enough for it to be disasterous.

benza13
06-20-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Screwed up again /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I would call/overpush here, but TT is probably the bottom of my range. As has been stated, you are comfortable with most situations that can occur here, and even in the worst case scenario you are still alive.