PDA

View Full Version : Who has success with SnG's?

ihaveapigyo
06-18-2005, 03:50 PM
I'm just trying to see if there's something that I can learn from players who do well at SnG's.

Why do you have success with SnG's?

deathpotato
06-18-2005, 03:52 PM
Pattern mapper (but don't tell anyone)

pearljam
06-18-2005, 03:52 PM
Because I am lucky.

really

gildwulf
06-18-2005, 03:53 PM
People who know how to change gears very very quickly at least 3 times an hour.

ihaveapigyo
06-18-2005, 03:54 PM
What's a pattern mapper

Freudian
06-18-2005, 04:13 PM
Because I am calm, analytical and in no rush to move up the levels.

Success if of course relative. Compared to some others here I am probably a failure for not playing 215s right now.

elonkra
06-18-2005, 04:17 PM
Spend some time reading this board every day for about three weeks, spend a few hours reading the stuff in the thread I've posted below, and then consider posting some questions.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=2375609 &fpart=&PHPSESSID=

TheNoodleMan
06-18-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm just trying to see if there's something that I can learn from players who do well at SnG's.

[/ QUOTE ]
would you ask a doctor how to perform brain surgery and expect him to explain it to you?
SnGs aren't brain surgery, but they can't be explained to someone who asks one simplistic question. Do you think we would need this big forum if it was that simple? Read, read, read, then ask questions.

Lloyd
06-18-2005, 07:25 PM
He made the same post in the MTT forum.

RicktheRuler
06-18-2005, 07:32 PM
I dont know if this post is serious, but what the F. I just started playing SnGs as opposed to limit games.

To be honest, I think people have success with SnGs because they are easy. People dont seem to make the necessary adjustments to the structure of these tournaments--I assume we are talking about the ones on the party skins. I assume many of the "fish" in these games are cash game players looking to switch it up--much like myself. However, becuase they try to use the same strategies they use in their other games they struggle.

Of course, once you get to the 100+9's the competition becomes tougher--the players aren't even close to competent at the lower levels (admittedly this is from a VERY limited experience).

MastiffPaul
06-18-2005, 07:44 PM
If you don't have the discipline to at least use the Search function to answer your own question, let alone to lurk for a while and read the threads here, then you'll never have the discipline to do well at poker.

gildwulf
06-19-2005, 01:08 PM
That's pretty harsh.

11t
06-19-2005, 01:17 PM
Many people here claim to be succesful at sit n go's.

Just read the forum, absorb information, and play.

I think that is the only way to learn.

augie00
06-19-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause I win them.

benfranklin
06-19-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's pretty harsh.

[/ QUOTE ]

But on target. Reread the original question: it's asking for spoon-fed instant poker knowledge. Not to pick on the OP, since someone asks a question like this about once a week. It's as regular as the "Are there any good books about NL?" in the book forum. Question like that indicate lack of thought ("Gee, do ya think anyone ever asked that before?") and lack of initiative.

The SnG information available here is unique. Unlike the good information available on other 2+2 forums, the stuff here is not available anywhere else. Even given the information, you have to work hard to put it to good use. Anyone who doesn't have the initiative to spend a few hours reading through these posts to get an idea of what's here and what questions to ask certainly doesn't have the initiative to spend hours every week studying and implementing the information.