PDA

View Full Version : Epilepsy

Rotating Rabbit
06-18-2005, 03:42 PM
When I laugh, and am self conscious about finding something amusing, I get this feeling in my hands rather like if you bang your funnybone/elbow. It continues for a few minutes and I can still use my hands but not very well; I cant close my fist properly and cant use any degree of force e.g. I couldnt hold onto a tennis racket without difficulty. Does anyone else get this or has heard of anyone else who had it? or am I alone in this symptom?

CD56
06-18-2005, 03:52 PM
This is not epilepsy. Do you play golf, tennis, or do any kind of repetitive wrist motions? It sounds like you are having nerve problems in your arm. The next time it happens pay close attention to what parts of your hand are affected. If its your pinkie and ring finger than you have a compressed ulnar nerve (golfers get this). If its your thumb, index, and middle finger than its your median nerve (carpal tunnel). I have no idea what relation these symptoms have to laughing.

fluxrad
06-18-2005, 03:53 PM
You need to see a doctor. That is seriously not natural.

But hey - what do you call an epileptic in a lettuce patch?

seizure salad.

Cubswin
06-18-2005, 03:54 PM
Im not a doctor... but i did stay in a holiday express last night. sounds like it might be nerve related.... maybe in your elbow. my old man was having a numbing and tingling sensation in his hand because the nerve was rubbing up against the bone casuing the problem. mom was constantly worried he was having a heart attack... so he went to the doctor. one surgery later and he doesnt have the problem.

cubs

OtisTheMarsupial
06-18-2005, 05:39 PM
I just love your avatar. That sex lady is the best.

Talk2BigSteve
06-18-2005, 09:18 PM
Epilepsy (http://www.funfreepages.com/flash/epilepsy.php) Click that....

If you are not on the floor in a couple of minutes, then you don't have it.

Steve

Rotating Rabbit
06-18-2005, 09:28 PM
Yeah thing is my sister gets it too. And we've had it since as young as I can remember. Its normally not a problem and goes away pretty quick, but its a right pain in an exam; holding the pen with both hands like some sort of retard etc. Perhaps this makes me a true carpal tunnel tho lol?

oreogod
06-19-2005, 12:34 AM
Seizures await (http://www.forumspile.com/Needs-More-Seizures.gif)

Edited to make this a link and not a image.