PDA

View Full Version : Question for UB players on stat-keeping.

elonkra
06-18-2005, 03:34 PM
If anyone has a minute, I'd like to know how what software you use, and how you upload your HH. Pokertracker? Pokercharts? Aleomagus spreadsheet? What all do I need, and where can I learn how to use these/import? I have no experience with any of these, and I'd appreciate any feedback you might have. I'm willing to critique some hands or HH's in return (although I'm certainly no expert at that either), if someone wants to walk me through this.
Sorry for the rookie-like question, and thanks in advance for any responses.

elonkra
06-18-2005, 10:20 PM
Bumping to clarify, and in hopes of getting a couple of responses.

I am using pokercharts. I use each day that I play as a "session," because it's a time-consuming pain in the butt to "add a session" for each individual tourney that I play in, especially when I might very well play 25 or more tourneys on any given day. As a result, I am not tracking the number of tourneys that I play in, which is obviously bad.

Over the past year or so, I know that I've played thousands of extremely low-limit SNG's and I know that I've made a considerable (>3K) profit, at least in the abstract. But I've never effectively recorded my stats, and I'd like to begin a 500 or 1000 game stretch at the end of which I can look back and analyze and improve my game, or at least see how I'm doing overall and from day to day/game to game/etc. I don't want to play 500 or 1000 games and have to look back and wish I had used a more thorough record-keeper. What should I use? As I understand it, pokertracker doesn't calculate ROI, and I'm not sure whether importing my pokertracker stuff into Hood's SNG Tracker will be helpful in light of the fact that I record my sessions by the day rather than by the tournament.

Any feedback at all on this?

Newt_Buggs
06-18-2005, 11:15 PM
Have you played all of your games on one computer? If so SnG tracker might support UB and it can automatically import all of the games that you played.

Hhttp://sng.pokercomment.com/

elonkra
06-18-2005, 11:28 PM
Yes, but all but about 400-500 of the few thousand games I've played were played on Americascardroom.com, which has undergone a complete software makeover since I've switched to UB. But thanks a bunch for the response, I'm going to look over that link you provided.