PDA

View Full Version : Suck out or Good call?

Bandorn
06-18-2005, 03:20 PM
UB 2-4 table.

I am button with 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG folds,UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 open raises. Folded to me, I call. both blinds fold.

Tables been kinda tight, especially for this limit.

Flop is Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

My opponet bets, I start to fold, but /images/graemlins/confused.gif I call.

Turn 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, oppents bet comes instantly. I call.

River 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, oppenent checks, I bet ,he calls. MHIG.

I was bothered with the lead out bet, This oppenent usually C-R the flop when he hits. He plays a pretty solid game. Open raising with KJo,ATo or KTo was not his style.

sy_or_bust
06-18-2005, 03:26 PM
Folding the flop shouldn't enter your mind, and I might raise the flop for a free card if UTG+2 isn't terribly aggressive. You should consider 3-betting preflop, as your hand plays better without the blinds and a cap helps some postflop decisions.

shadow29
06-18-2005, 03:38 PM
I am definetly thinking about a showdown here.

You've got a pair, a flush draw, a gutshot (and a sf gutsthot too).

Thus, with the decision of not folding, we turn to call or raise. If your hand is best right now, overcards can come that hurt you (but not cripple, since you have your draws). Thus, I'd raise the flop. You probably have an equity edge and I'd like to see two cards for two SBs.

Bandorn
06-18-2005, 03:52 PM
Thanks!
I figured I played it badly, IT was not till I thought about what he would open raise with compared to what he might feel vulnerable holding , but strong enough to try pushing me out now with. That I relized he had no diamond.

PS, Second thought T?, T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif he might have played the same.

Bandorn
06-18-2005, 04:24 PM
Umm, I was not THINKING! About the extra outs, I new the diamonds would be good if board did not pair up. The T,s except for diamnds might Might be good about 50/50, I think. The raising for a free card on flop is so standard a play that people automatic charge yuo a 3 bet now. This player would.

nepenthe
06-18-2005, 06:40 PM
You played it fine. It's rare that your opponent will have a better pair AND a better draw on this board.

KDawgCometh
06-18-2005, 06:49 PM
why no three bet PF?

Piiop
06-18-2005, 07:21 PM
If you're going to play this hand, 3-bet preflop. 3-betting does a lot of great things for your hand here. You don't want the blinds coming in cheaply. You'd much rather have 88 heads-up than against 2-3 players. Your 3-bet should encourage UTG+2 to incorrectly fold overcards when he doesn't hit or even a higher pair. Or, you could just fold.

Not folding the flop is good, calling or raising can go either way I think. This flop is pretty scary, but it's likely to have hit UTG+2 so you may not get a free card if you raise.