PDA

View Full Version : A Commonly Misplayed Situation

Vote4Pedro
06-18-2005, 03:12 PM
This just happened at McDonalds. Villian is an unknown hispanic employee. I order a large coke and pay for it at the first window. As I pull up to the second window, villian hands me a large drink AND a bag filled with food. Hero....

Has this ever happened to you guys? If so, which line did you take: A) speed off w/ food in hand, or B) give the food back

I'll post results later today

OtisTheMarsupial
06-18-2005, 03:14 PM
McDonald's is disgusting. I can't eat that food eve when it's free.

2+2 wannabe
06-18-2005, 03:15 PM
depends on the situation

middle of the day i give it back

late at night, with a friend, i might take it because i know they won't get in trouble (mcdonalds doesn't care)

jakethebake
06-18-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it doesn't happen often, but otis is correct. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

2+2 wannabe
06-18-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it doesn't happen often, but otis is correct. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

you wouldn't even look for the apple pie?

HopeydaFish
06-18-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This just happened at McDonalds. Villian is an <b>unknown hispanic employee</b>.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would the results have been different for you if the employee hadn't been Hispanic?

Vote4Pedro
06-18-2005, 03:26 PM
I was implying that villian was your typical McDonalds employee...which happens to be the case in California.

IQ89
06-18-2005, 04:00 PM
They've screwed my order up enough times where I deserve a little back. Example: I get home and they forgot my cookies, or my fries, or whatever. Or I order a large Coke along with my other stuff, get home, sit down ready to eat, take a bit of food, then take a big swig of Coke to wash it down and it's DIET COKE...GAG! Those Fcukers!

TIP ON HOW TO ALWAYS GET A FRESH QUARTER POUNDER W/CHEESE AT McDONALDS:

Ask for no onions. Always works.

"Maybe they just took off the onions of a burger that's been sitting around," you say? Nope, sorry. The onions and pickles are ALWAYS placed on the same side with the cheese, and if they were to merely remove the onions from a burger that's been sitting around it will leave little indentations in the cheese from those big squared chunks of onion. Just open up the burger and observe the pristine state the cheese if you want to double check it. Plus it's easy to tell the difference between a burger that's been sitting around and a fresh burger once you bit into it (the difference is day and night).

Bradyams
06-18-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
TIP ON HOW TO ALWAYS GET A FRESH QUARTER W/CHEESE AT McDONALDS:

Ask for no onions. Always works.

"Maybe they just took off the onions of a burger that's been sitting around," you say? Nope, sorry. The onions and pickles are ALWAYS placed on the same side with the cheese, and if they were to merely remove the onions from a burger that's been sitting around it will leave little indentations in the cheese from those big squared chunks of onion. Just open up the burger and observe the pristine state the cheese if you want to double check it. Plus it's easy to tell the difference between a burger that's been sitting around and a fresh burger once you bit into it (the difference is day and night).

[/ QUOTE ]

That made no sense to me at all /images/graemlins/confused.gif

fluxrad
06-18-2005, 04:05 PM
please post aggresion/pre-food raise/hands washed per hour statistics.

I probably lay it down here.

IQ89
06-18-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TIP ON HOW TO ALWAYS GET A FRESH QUARTER POUNDER W/CHEESE AT McDONALDS, explination...

[/ QUOTE ] That made no sense to me at all

[/ QUOTE ]

McDonalds is notorious for leaving already-made burgers under heat lamps to keep them warm until somebody comes along and buys them. This is especially true late at night when traffic has slowed. Well, if it irritates you to get a cheeseburger that's been sitting around for 30 minutes as opposed to a fresh one, you now know how to get a fresh burger EVERY time. (One telltale sign of a burger that's been sitting around [under a heat lamp] is the juice from the meat will soak into the bun, usually seen on the outside lip of the bun)

Bradyams
06-18-2005, 04:21 PM
You eat too much McDonalds.

kerssens
06-18-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TIP ON HOW TO ALWAYS GET A FRESH QUARTER POUNDER W/CHEESE AT McDONALDS, explination...

[/ QUOTE ] That made no sense to me at all

[/ QUOTE ]

McDonalds is notorious or leaving already-made burgers under heat lamps to keep them warm until somebody comes along and buys them. This is especially true late at night when traffic has slowed. Well, if it irritates you to get a cheeseburger that's been sitting around for 30 minutes as opposed to a fresh one, you now know how to get a fresh burger EVERY time. (One telltale sign of a burger that's been sitting around [under a heat lamp] is the juice from the meat will soak into the bun, usually seen on the outside lip of the bun)

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, if you want fresh made fries...tell them that you want them w/o salt, then put as much salt on as you want.

ThaSaltCracka
06-18-2005, 04:25 PM
give it back. Thats +EV in the karma department.

Brain
06-18-2005, 05:01 PM
But I want onions on my burger so that's not work. Maybe ask for extra pickles.

I like the idea for the fries w/o salt though.

ThaSaltCracka
06-18-2005, 05:02 PM
tell them you don't want ketchup on it, then use the packets or whatever.

Brainwalter
06-18-2005, 05:04 PM
Do people often go to the drive-thru for just a coke?

Vote4Pedro
06-18-2005, 05:11 PM
Should I have gone inside?

Brain
06-18-2005, 05:18 PM
True. Better to take something off than add extra.

Brainwalter
06-18-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Should I have gone inside?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever floats your boat. Why not just go to 7-11?

James282
06-18-2005, 06:18 PM
Definitely take the food. So easy to say you didn't realize it and it's just habit if you ever get asked(you will get asked .0085% of the time).
-James

ddubois
06-18-2005, 09:34 PM
My memory of being 17 is foggy, but I seem to recall that when I worked at Burger King, you can ask for "fresh off the grill" - it was an actual button on the cashier's keyboard and showed up on the food preparer's green terminal.