PDA

View Full Version : Standard right?

yabastid
06-18-2005, 01:54 PM
Hey, guys,
Can't get hand history from UB so gonna do this as best as possible without. 15 players left, already in money, not interested in anything but FT and hopefully top 3. Blinds at 1.5/3K with 300 ante. Villian had done nothing out of the ordinary since entering table a few orbits before with about same amount of chips.

UTG folds
UTG+1 (approx. t95,000) calls BB
2 Folds
Hero (approx t25,000) looks at A8o and pushes
3 Folds back to Villian who calls.

Push is standard?

CardSharpCook
06-18-2005, 01:57 PM
With a limper in the pot, I fold this. 8.5BBs is "tighten up and play right" time for me. I know that it changes things being 7/8-handed, but not that much. Patience, Young Skywalker.

CSC

I am curious, though, are people pushing this?

MLG
06-18-2005, 01:58 PM
I'd fold there. I want him to be a little shorter before I make that push. I think you get called by 77/88 and up and AJ/A10 and up. Thats too many hands for my liking.

Pat Southern
06-18-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey, guys,
Can't get hand history from UB so gonna do this as best as possible without. 15 players left, already in money, not interested in anything but FT and hopefully top 3. Blinds at 1.5/3K with 300 ante. Villian had done nothing out of the ordinary since entering table a few orbits before with about same amount of chips.

UTG folds
UTG+1 (approx. t95,000) calls BB
2 Folds
Hero (approx t25,000) looks at A8o and pushes
3 Folds back to Villian who calls.

Push is standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

The presence of antes makes this close, but I would fold this, I'd much rather be first to enter a pot and not deal wtih somebody that can take me on and not be crippled.

ihaveapigyo
06-18-2005, 02:10 PM
wow, i don't like the push here. If you know that you're going to be called by villain who has you covered, why would you want to risk your tournament life with A8o? Just wait for a better opportunity!

MLG
06-18-2005, 02:18 PM
you dont know that you are going to get called by villain. He will fold lots of hands here.

Isura
06-18-2005, 02:32 PM
How much closer is the push if hero is button in the hand? Offcourse it looks more like a steal from button, but also reduces a chance of being called behind us. Also, what is villain's chip position at the table? At the lower buyins anyways, it seems that the chip leader almost feels obligated to call this down with 77+, AT+.

bruce
06-18-2005, 02:40 PM
How big does your Ace have to be to push?

How big a pp do you need to push?

Bruce

yabastid
06-18-2005, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the replies. I did think I had some FE left which was part of decision for pushing. Play at the table had been kinda weak and I thought villian might not want to look me up for 1/4 of his stack.
Also I think I was 12 out of 15 in chips for the plus with the blinds soon to hit me I did not like my FE if I was sub 20K.

So to PatSouthern MLG and CSC: at what point is this your pushing hand? 5-7BB's? To me this hand is about balancing waiting for cards and still having a stack that has some FE. How do you guys maintain this balance? And at what point do you say, Okay I'm now sacraficing any chance of having FE, and now I just gotta find a hand and push and pray.

yabastid

kuro
06-18-2005, 03:07 PM
With big stack happy limper and the overlay from the blinds. I want AK-AQ,AJs,or 88 and up to push here.

CardSharpCook
06-18-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How big does your Ace have to be to push?

How big a pp do you need to push?

Bruce

[/ QUOTE ] With a stack this size, I can push ATs or AJo. I am also pushing 99, probably 88 too. 77... maybe.

Yasb.... I am Waiting til 4BBs to push here. Yes you are correct, you have some FE here, but not much. A player worth his salt calls. Costs him 7.5BBs for a chance at 12BBs. At 4bbs, you are desperate, right now you are not.

My rules are 10BBs-6BBs, tighten up and wait, push when I play. 6BB-4BBs, loosen up, start pushing stealing hands way out of position, but still fold to action before me. <4bbs, Accept any offer of a probable coin flip.

CSC

yabastid
06-18-2005, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the reply, CSC.

yabastid