PDA

View Full Version : Am I playing too weak?

WSOP Bound
06-18-2005, 01:25 PM
I have no real reads, but PT indicates that this user is LPP after 18 hands. UTG Stop-n-go felt like a flush draw, but I think I'm giving him too much credit. Even if he showed me the flush I couldn't fold the turn so there's no question this is a call or raise. Should I have raised the turn and called down if rereaised?

Ultimate Bet 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://awww.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (11 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, UTG calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (8 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero ???

Vote4Pedro
06-18-2005, 01:28 PM
hero raises everytime. if he just completed his flush hed check raise

AlmightyJay
06-18-2005, 01:28 PM
I just call here, and call the river unless it's another club.

Jaran
06-18-2005, 01:30 PM
To me, this also looks like the way a weak/loose player would play a weak Q as well as a flushdraw. I would raise the turn. I don't think he'll 3bet even with a flush. I'm treading carefully on the river unless I fill up.

-Jaran

Vote4Pedro
06-18-2005, 01:35 PM
maybe you should be asking the same question as the original poster. Youre giving these donkeys way to much credit, this is an extremely easy raise

WSOP Bound
06-18-2005, 01:42 PM
I'm playing .5/.10 limits here, are these players really that reliably capable of checkraising their big hands?

WSOP Bound
06-18-2005, 01:45 PM
Good point about the Q. At the time I don't even think the possibility of the case Q crossed my mind at the time since it seemed so unlikely. I seem to be developing a horrible habit of seeing monsters under the bed when there is a good chance that I am way ahead.

Vote4Pedro
06-18-2005, 01:51 PM
my bad, i didnt even notice that the first time around. I've never played these limits so I dont know how they react to certain situations. regardless, this is a standard raise, if he 3bets, call and hope to improve. I'm calling this down almost everytime

WSOP Bound
06-18-2005, 01:57 PM
Thanks. I agree that the turn needs to be raised here, I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing something that I should be thinking about in these situations.

Aaron W.
06-18-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have no real reads, but PT indicates that this user is LPP after 18 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is basically equivalent to knowing nothing.

WSOP Bound
06-18-2005, 02:57 PM
Yes it is, which is why I stated how many hands and that I had no real reads.

silkyslim
06-18-2005, 03:36 PM
i hate gaybets and will raise this for spite.

Kumubou
06-18-2005, 03:50 PM
This is no donkbet, this is a straight-up stop-and-go.

Not like it matters, I'm raising his punk ass. Most people would checkraise a flush, and if he does not even know what a checkraise is... you got outs.

-K

AlmightyJay
06-18-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
maybe you should be asking the same question as the original poster. Youre giving these donkeys way to much credit, this is an extremely easy raise

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? If he's bluffing, and we raise, he'll call and check/fold the river (or even fold flat out on the turn). If he's actually got the flush, we do have a few outs and would love to see the river. If we raise, he'll 3-bet us, and we won't like that at all.

On the other hand, if he's bluffing and we call, he'll almost surely bet again on the river. We win the same amount from him when we're ahead and lose less when we're behind. And, should we fill up, we might even get an extra bet out of him when he has the flush and we raise the river. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I like calling down.

macdaddy991
06-18-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i hate gaybets and will raise this for spite.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hope you don't confuse gaybets for value bets

silkyslim
06-18-2005, 04:20 PM
sorry my post didnt have much content. i define a gaybet as a bet where you didnt have priority on the last street. I am just a little confused but not completely as to when this is the right or wrong play.

macdaddy991
06-18-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sorry my post didnt have much content. i define a gaybet as a bet where you didnt have priority on the last street. I am just a little confused but not completely as to when this is the right or wrong play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very read dependant. With some players, it is a turbo raise. With others a turbo muck or a crying call.

TomBrooks
06-18-2005, 05:22 PM
Looks like a flush to me when UTG bets the two flush flop, and then leads out the turn into the flop raiser. I generally call down from here unless I fill up.