PDA

View Full Version : 66 value bet question.

Bob T.
01-19-2003, 07:31 AM
CP 6-12 game.

I have black 6s in mid position.

UTG Limps, UTG+1 limps, this looks like it might be a multiway pot, so I happily limp in with my 66. Folded to the SB who calls, and the BB checks. At least I won the button.

Flop Q /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/club.gif .

Checked to me. I bet. The small blind, and UTG call.

Both of these guys are loose, and fairly tricky.

Turn. 4 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

Checked to me, I've picked up an outside straight draw. I bet, both call.

River, 2 /forums/images/icons/club.gif . Checked to me. My Action?

I know both of these guys will call with worse hands, and I know that neither of them will lay down a better hand in this situation. Additionally, both of them will slowplay all the way to the river, and try and checkraise there. Do I have enough for a value bet here with third pair?

Thanks for your responses.
Bob T.

AceHigh
01-19-2003, 09:46 AM
I would check it down. There's a decent chance one of your opponents has a weak Q or a 7.

ZManODS
01-19-2003, 12:11 PM
I would try to check-fold if i were you. The possibility of them having a 7 or a Q is fairly high. Had the situation been heads up, i would check-call. Can you please list results. Thank You

Ed Miller
01-19-2003, 03:11 PM
I would try to check-fold if i were you.

Ummm... he acts last.

Ed Miller
01-19-2003, 03:14 PM
This could go either way. Since you had third pair on the flop, and you still have two opponents, and because you know them to be tricky and willing to slowplay to the river... I would probably just check it down here.

Bob T.
01-19-2003, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the responses,

I checked, and they showed AT, and 84 suited for a flopped gutshot, and bottom pair on the turn. My hand was good. It bothered me afterward, because both players have called me with Ace high in the past, and I thought that at least one of them would have called me in this spot.

Additionally, in one sense, there is little danger of a checkraise, because a checkraise is going to cost me only one bet, because with an unimproved pair of sixes, I don't think that I am going to call a checkraise.

Good Luck,
Play Well,

Bob T.

Louie Landale
01-19-2003, 05:05 PM
There are two over-cards and only one-undercard on the flop; and there are two opponents; and their checking does NOT mean they don't have much. That's a pretty no-brainer check.

Its different had you 77 and the flop was Q64-5-2 since there are now many more hands you can beat. However, against two of these tricky folk I would check also.

- Louie