PDA

View Full Version : Dispute

tbach24
06-18-2005, 12:56 PM
So my friend and I were waiting for my other friend to come downstairs so we could watch Blow for the 5000'th time because they are obsessed with it, so we turn on the TV and see the Wedding Singer on. I recognize the slutty girl from it, and ask my friend from where. He says "From Zoolander" and I go "oh yeah, I remember now, and I think she was in the Brady Bunch as well."

Well we have a conversation about it and it goes like this:
tbach: "I'm VERY sure he was in Brady Bunch"
friend: "No, I used to think the same, but she's like 30 and that show is like 30 years old"
tbach: "But I remember hearing on an interview she was in the Brady Bunch"
friend: "Fine, we'll make a bet, 5 for 5"
tbach: "No I want 6 to 5"
friend: "Fine, but if I win, I get a poke"

The poke is in reference to that my stomach is really soft (not big, just soft its weird) and all my friends make fun of me and poke me. It's kinda mean, but it's inspiration to lose the chub.

So then friend #2 and his girlfriend come downstairs and this conversation happens

friend1: "[friend 2's gf], ted thinks that she (points to tv screen at the slutty girl from Wedding Singer) was in Brady Bunch"
GF: "Oh yeah, I think she was"
Friend1: "That's impossible, she's like 30"
GF: "Oh no, she was in the movie"
Friend1: "The movie doesn't count though"
tbach: "yes it does, I never specified between the movie or show"

We argue on semantics for a little bit, then watched the movie

So who wins the bet?

kerssens
06-18-2005, 12:58 PM
You do...she was in the Brady Bunch.

Brainwalter
06-18-2005, 01:33 PM
You definitely win the bet if you've accurately described this. Your friend was assuming you meant the show, but you never said or implied that. She was in The Brady Bunch.

Hmmmm, I wrote that, and then I went to imdb (http://www.imdb.com/find?q=brady%20bunch;s=all) (see #1 and 2) and the show was titled "The Brady Bunch," whereas the movie was "The Brady Bunch Movie." Now I'm not so sure.

fluxrad
06-18-2005, 01:45 PM
Here's what makes this kind of sticky:

[ QUOTE ]
friend: "No, I used to think the same, but she's like 30 and that show is like 30 years old"
tbach: "But I remember hearing on an interview she was in the Brady Bunch"

[/ QUOTE ]

From this, we can infer that the friend was speaking specifically about the movie. You then proceed to acquiesce to this point, at least as far as I can tell. In this case, though, because you were non-specific but your friend was obviously talking about the show and not the movie...

The bet is a push.

OtisTheMarsupial
06-18-2005, 01:57 PM
He does. Earlier conversation clearly specified you were talking about the TV show not the movie.

BusterStacks
06-18-2005, 02:01 PM
I assumed you meant the movie if you were not retarded. So... you probably win.

___SK___
06-18-2005, 02:05 PM
isn't the official title of the movie "the brady bunch MOVIE"

you might have lost

___SK___
06-18-2005, 02:07 PM
yep i just looked it up.....the movie has the word movie in the title. so therefore "the brady bunch" only includes the tv show.

Brain
06-18-2005, 02:46 PM
you lose.

poke

kerssens
06-18-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hmmmm, I wrote that, and then I went to imdb (see #1 and 2) and the show was titled "The Brady Bunch," whereas the movie was "The Brady Bunch Movie." Now I'm not so sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

With this bid of information I conclude that Tbach lost.

RacersEdge
06-18-2005, 04:48 PM
Based on your friend's statement before the bet, he was referring to the TV show, so he wins.

BTW, I'm glad a "poke" only meant what you said it did..

oreogod
06-18-2005, 06:50 PM
http://www.forumspile.com/Understand-Monkey_Hump.jpg