PDA

View Full Version : Beer Pong Dispute

splashpot
06-18-2005, 12:14 PM
My friends and I were playing beer pong last night and got into an arguement about the interference rules. I'll give an overview of the rules we were playing with. 10 cups, 2 re-racks that can be taken whenever. If you bounce it in, it's 2 cups, but you can swat away bounce attempts.

Here is where the discrepency came about. My partner and I had gotten it down to 6 cups but we were playing terribly and we had a bad rack so we decided to re-rack. We requested the re-rack and they made the 6 cup pyramid formation. Just as they were finishing the re-rack, my partner bounces it in and hits. Our opponents argue that since their hands were still on the cups from re-racking, the bounce doesn't count. The re-rack had been completed, just their hands were still on the cups. They were not moving the cups anymore. Who is right? Should the bounce count?

fluorescenthippo
06-18-2005, 12:19 PM
your partner should have waited until their hands were off the cups completely. you have to wait until your opponents are ready before you shoot, otherwise they wont have a chance to swat it away/ blow it out.

splashpot
06-18-2005, 12:22 PM
But the element of surprise is a very important part of beer pong. The key to a good bounce is catching your opponents off guard. Does this push the element of surprise too far?

fluorescenthippo
06-18-2005, 12:28 PM
Maybe. Im a fan of the bounce in when you know your opponents are drunk enough that even if they are paying attention it doesnt matter.

mmbt0ne
06-18-2005, 12:30 PM
I don't know. I've definitely drank on something like that before, but some people are bigger babies about it.

Victor
06-18-2005, 12:30 PM
the shot should count.

RiverFenix
06-18-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the shot should count.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sponger15SB
06-18-2005, 01:23 PM
Yeah this is complete BS, the shot should count.

The element of suprise is key in the bounce. In our games, your turn starts the instant the last ball leaves the other teams hand and you can shoot it at any time unless there is a specifically stated break or time out or whatever.

mmbt0ne
06-18-2005, 01:25 PM
My favorite move is the lob-and-chuck. One person lobs the ball as high as the can, and at the same instant the other person bounces their ball. It's an easy 2-cupper against the not so skilled.

Phoenix1010
06-18-2005, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
your partner should have waited until their hands were off the cups completely. you have to wait until your opponents are ready before you shoot, otherwise they wont have a chance to swat it away/ blow it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

BS. This shot counts. There is no question, surprise bounces are part of what makes the game fun.

Edit: Woops, repeating what Sponger said basically. Anyone who plays the game often will say the same thing though. Routine play.

Crveballin
06-18-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
... otherwise they wont have a chance to swat it away/ blow it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only bitches blow... Dont tell me your one of those guys that trys to blow it out.

manpower
06-18-2005, 02:52 PM
It counts. It's a cheap bounce, but it counts.

Bradyams
06-18-2005, 03:08 PM
The shot should count. As others have said it's all about the element of surprise, and they should be ready for it. I know I'm always watching out for it when I'm re-racking the cups.

[ QUOTE ]
... otherwise they wont have a chance to swat it away/ blow it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bitches blow. Guys finger.