PDA

View Full Version : Met 2 more SUP BRO'S at Belterra AKA 6-12 rocks.

steamboatin
06-18-2005, 10:50 AM
The 6-12 game at Belterra is one sweet game, at least it was last night. There were three of us scraping the cream of the top and the rest of the table was talking to themselves trying to figure out what was happening.

We were just sitting around having a good time playing poker and four or five of the other players just couldn't figure why top pair with a four for a kicker wasn't any good.

The deck hit me over the head like a brick for about a half hour and that is always a good time. It suprised me to see six or eight to the flop at 6-12. I started to get really tired about 11 PM so I bailed.

So far 100% of the SUP BRO's I have met have been extremely nice.

I am heading down to Ceasar's IN to sweat Bigdaddydvo in the $85+15 tourney for a little bit and get some lunch with the MRS.

MicroBob
06-18-2005, 02:44 PM
Hey dude - I know I've been a bit critical at times but I just don't know how you are meeting so many sup-bro's.

I have never mentioned my '2+2-ness' at the table. I don't play as much live as you do but I have never met (nor tried to meet) any live sup-bro's.

Are these dudes just coming up and saying 'sup bro?' because they recognize you from your pic? Or are you dropping an occasional 'sup bro' to see if you get any kind of response.

steamboatin
06-18-2005, 03:24 PM
Some of both.

My primary reason for playing poker is entertainment so I talk to people at the table. Don't get the wrong impression, I am serious about my game but I really like setting around the table and talking.

When I met Jtrout, I posted about being at the Goldstrike and he stopped by and introduced himself. Bigdaddydvo said hello at Ceasar's IN but the two newest ones were at my table and just in the course of conversation with the one on my right, I kinda figured He might be one of us. so I asked him if he spent a lot of time online and He said yes. So I said if I asked SUP BRO would you know the right answer and He said, Yes I would know the correct answer.

The other one said, "You are Steamboatin from two plus two.com". I figured he was new and didn't know we usually don't say the name of the website out loud so I didn't say anything, because the fish were listening also and you don't want to tap the aquarium.

We probably had already talked to much about how to play hands already.

Mosquito stopped by the Goldstrike and introduced himself also.

MicroBob
06-18-2005, 03:43 PM
I kind of figured it that way for the most part.

I like to be social some of the time as well (especially when caffeinated).
But I usually talk about how much the Yankees suck or the chick who looks kind of weird on CNN...etc etc.

If I start talking about poker it is usually some weird, nonsensical observation like, "Pocket 3's are the MAGICAL hand. If I have aces they will lose to a set of 3's....and when I have 3's they will usually bust A's or K's."

I've been on tables where the conversation on 'my side' was about 'you know...Sklansky says to do such-and-such' (usually it is REALLY REALLY wrong), 'have you read his stuff?'
my reply is usually along the lines of 'not really' or something like that.

I particularly enjoy talking about how much I suck at this stupid game which I have been known to do on occasion.

Anyway, I have yet to bump into a fellow KNOWN 2+2'er on the tables....but I only play live about once a month or so.