PDA

View Full Version : Two AKo hands LP

QTip
06-18-2005, 10:17 AM
I've been trying to work on overcards in multiway pots. How do these two look, and note the difference on the flop. These were played back to back at different tables.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

compared to:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (5 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 6 BB

Nick C
06-18-2005, 10:26 AM
I think the flop bet is all right in Hand 1 so long as the table was passive and you weren't terribly concerned about getting checkraised and thought there was a good chance you'd get checked to again on the turn. The possibility that you'll buy the button is of course another incentive to bet. Still, I don't really like the cards on the flop a whole lot.

I'm surprised the turn bet worked so well in Hand 2. I know you got checked to twice, but it seems like a board where someone is going to find some reason to call (or checkraise).

thejameser
06-18-2005, 10:28 AM
not bad. this is something i am working on as well. in the past i found myself too tight if i don't hit the flop and it was costing me money with hands that were profitable to stay on. there can be such a fine line with overcards that don't hit the board. i've usually raised/reraised pf with them so the pot is often significant enough to try to draw on if not too coordinated. similar to your first hand, a good flop to bet because you have a reasonable chance of the best hand there or folding a better one, or winning it right there. the second was a good play, the flush draw gives you plenty of reason to not bet this flop. i am curious as to what you would do if a A /images/graemlins/heart.gif or K /images/graemlins/heart.gif were to come.

QTip
06-18-2005, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i am curious as to what you would do if a A /images/graemlins/heart.gif or K /images/graemlins/heart.gif were to come.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet.

QTip
06-18-2005, 10:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised the turn bet worked so well in Hand 2

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I was too. I thought I throw a bet in there and see what happened. It was my last bet going into the pot.

thejameser
06-18-2005, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i am curious as to what you would do if a A /images/graemlins/heart.gif or K /images/graemlins/heart.gif were to come.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

i kind of figured that, stupid question after looking at the AJs hand you posted earlier.

QTip
06-18-2005, 10:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The possibility that you'll buy the button is of course another incentive to bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the foremost thought on my mind at the time...buy the button and maybet get a free card on a flop that was not draw heavy, where 1 pair is very likely to be good if I hit.

Nick C
06-18-2005, 11:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised the turn bet worked so well in Hand 2

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I was too. I thought I throw a bet in there and see what happened. It was my last bet going into the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may have been drawing from this recent experience when I responded (this table was more loose-passive than 3/6 usually is):

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (4.16 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (8.16 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: 9.16 BB

I think it's possible I got my flop and turn actions backwards in this one.

thejameser
06-18-2005, 11:29 AM
yeah, with a loose table, there was more value in taking the free turn card because you are likely getting called down regardless. take the infinite turn odds.

me454555
06-18-2005, 12:52 PM
Hand 1

I check the flop through and take the free card b/c I don't think a bet accomplishes much as the pot is big and I may not get the free card on the turn

Hand 2

Looks good. I prefer that line of play over the first w/more people in the pot