PDA

View Full Version : Tres mas seis max manos (sin acento)

milesdyson
06-18-2005, 07:53 AM
Hand 1: In this hand, BB be tight/weak/passive. SB be unknown. This be second orbit at table but I be playin' with BB before.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font> ...
--------------------------------------------

Hand 2: SB in this hand is a river donkbettor extraordinare. In another hand (the first time I decided to raise his river donk bet), I had AJ and he bet into me on a J96 flop, I raised. Then he check called a turn 4 and bet a river 4. Well I raised and he paid off with K9.

So, in this hand, when he check calls the turn after the board pairs, I highly doubt he has a 6 or a flush, and chances are if he has a T, my kicker is better. So when he bets the random J river, I raise.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (7 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font> ...

Hand 3: Eww, Q8o from the blinds. The button limper in this hand is super loose passive 69/2/0.15 after 58 hands (MP and CO are also very loose - this was a 65%/10% table) with notes on him like, "if he value bets the river, it isn't a bluff." BB is passive preflop but is shortstacked and has been rather agressive at the table lately. I checked the flop and would have check raised had MP or CO called the bet, but when just the button called, I decided that since it was about 95% certain that BB would bet and button would call the turn, I decided to check raise there.

Typically I would just lead/lead/lead in this hand but with BB directly to my left I didn't want to risk him raising into the field... and when button raised the river, I got sad but a lower two pair was likely enough to call.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP folds, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

River: (10 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

StevieG
06-18-2005, 09:13 AM
Hand 1 - if you are ever going to take a stab at this, now is probably the time. If you try for a free turn, there are very few cards that make your hand attractive without giving redraws to your foes.

What is your plan if one calls down? Both?

Hand 2 - Is he really making this kind of dumb river bet 50% of the time?

Hand 3 - Foregoing the check raise on the flop for the turn check-raise seems great. With only two opponents, that is not a scary flop or turn.

Fantam
06-18-2005, 09:45 AM
Hand #1.

Gut-shot + overcard. Discount outs for /images/graemlins/spade.gif , so say ~ 5 outs. If BB is weak-tight, this looks like a reasonable semi-bluff.

Hand #2.

Nice play. I would like to think that I would have played this the same way.

Hand #3.

Again nice to see your thought process through this hand. Did button have a straight or better 2 pair?

milesdyson
06-18-2005, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 - if you are ever going to take a stab at this, now is probably the time. If you try for a free turn, there are very few cards that make your hand attractive without giving redraws to your foes.

What is your plan if one calls down? Both?

[/ QUOTE ]
If the weak tight guy calls, I would check fold the turn unimproved or bet a T or 8. if the unknown guy called i would probably bet again.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2 - Is he really making this kind of dumb river bet 50% of the time?

[/ QUOTE ]
i just think he goes for a check raise any time he has an actual strong hand. he folded to the raise this time.

scotty34
06-18-2005, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
SB in this hand is a river donkbettor extraordinare. In another hand (the first time I decided to raise his river donk bet), I had AJ and he bet into me on a J96 flop, I raised. Then he check called a turn 4 and bet a river 4. Well I raised and he paid off with K9.

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of curiousity, do you think this is actually a terrible play by Villain?

milesdyson
06-19-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SB in this hand is a river donkbettor extraordinare. In another hand (the first time I decided to raise his river donk bet), I had AJ and he bet into me on a J96 flop, I raised. Then he check called a turn 4 and bet a river 4. Well I raised and he paid off with K9.

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of curiousity, do you think this is actually a terrible play by Villain?

[/ QUOTE ]
calling the river raise against a good player is pretty terrible. i also prefer check raising the flop instead of betting out.