PDA

View Full Version : RussG's Reply To Mason - Condensed!

Bill Murphy
01-18-2003, 07:09 PM
He [Russ] knew Chip Johnson, Chip was 'small fry', and the Johnson's Joust 'scam' was for small money & not connected to the high-stakes side games Russ was cheating. That's why he never mentioned it in his initial posts=tsunami on RGP.

Thought I'd save ya'll time, although Russ' reply is a fascinating, albeit convoluted, snapshot of a time/place.

Ginogino
01-18-2003, 08:38 PM
Bill:
Thanks considerably for the translation. It loses something in the original.
Gino

Mason Malmuth
01-19-2003, 11:55 PM
Hi Bill:

The problem with this response is that the Johnson's Joust fiasco is the one event that I know of that can be easily verified that would support many of the Russ G aruments. If he would have known about it, we would have heard in I bet at least 1,000 posts (on RGP) about the day the Commerce Club was almost closed down. In fact, I wouldn't have been surprised if Russ would have claimed that he bribed several of the members of the Commerce City Council to vote for keeping the club open.

Furthermore, it was something that he couldn't have missed since it probably took up about half the space in the whole club (at that time) and lasted for several months.

Yet, he never mentioned it. So my conclusion, is that despite what he claims, Russ G was not present.

As for Chip Johnson, he has to be classified as being somewhat bigger than a small fry. He did talk his way into Commerce, and essentially was running the place for a couple of months. I even remember a special parking place for his Lincoln towncar.

Best wishes,
Mason

InternetPokerPro
01-20-2003, 12:19 AM
For the sake of the rest of us who were not around . . . please let us know the details of what this was about.

Thanks in advance.

Andy B
01-20-2003, 12:35 AM
He already posted about it in the original thread. This isn't Sklansky here.

I tried to read Russ' post. Nothing in there indicates that he actually knew what this Joust thing was, just that it was insignificant compared to whatever else he was ranting about.

Mason Malmuth
01-20-2003, 02:56 AM
Hi Andy:

And that's just my point. Johnson's Joust wasn't some little thing. It was the major event at the Commerce Club for a couple of months.

Best wishes,
mason

Mason Malmuth
01-20-2003, 03:02 AM
See my posts in the thread titled "Cheating / My Memory is Different" that appears on this forum.

MM