PDA

View Full Version : Forget ITM %, forget ROI, Forget $ won

A_PLUS
06-18-2005, 05:27 AM
Its all about how many times you bluff of a HUGE stack late in a tournament. At least its better than having someone suck out on you.

ptmusic
06-18-2005, 05:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Its all about how many times you bluff of a HUGE stack late in a tournament. At least its better than having someone suck out on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean piss away chips on steals and continuation bluffs like an idiot? I did that about an hour ago and made a note to avoid doing it again. Then I had two solid hands and worked my way back above average with the money closing in.

Then a guy went all in on a total bluff on the flop, and I called with my overpair Queens. Then I got sucked out on. Just now. The End.

-ptmusic

Karak567
06-18-2005, 09:24 AM
I do this all the time and feel sick after I do it.

I did it the other night with a t30,000 stack.

After my bluff I had t865 left with the blinds 200/400.

I worked my way back up to t25,000 chips (miracle after miracle) and then got sucked out on :-(.

LearnedfromTV
06-20-2005, 12:40 AM
I much prefer the "getting a huge bet called when you are sure you have a monster only to find out you are beat." I did this today with a big stack and Q4 (BB) on a QQJ5 board. His AQ was good. Nothing like knowing you lucked into a huge pot, being 99% sure you win, and then getting it in the gut from a better hand. Not sucked out on, not bad beated, just beat, by another guy who couldn't believe how lucky he was that someone was betting his hand for him. Best way ever to go from 10th to out in one hand.