PDA

View Full Version : 2/4 AJs hand.. good line?

DCIAce
06-18-2005, 04:56 AM
UTG+1 is LAG (50vpip, 15pfr through 60 hands), MP1 is just horrible (80vpip, 5pfr through 200 hands).

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

River: (14 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Jd Ad (two pair, aces and jacks).
UTG+1 has 9s 7s (one pair, nines).
MP1 has Ah Kc (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 17 BB. </font>

This has become my most used play when I flop a big hand. Bet into field, call and C/R turn if raised, keep hammering if not. Is this a solid line, or am I missing bets by not 3-betting flops and hoping for extra raises later on?

Also, is the pre-flop raise standard? Anyone cap after getting 3-bet by a LAG with someone that will call with literally any two along for the ride?

Escape
06-18-2005, 05:37 AM
3 bet the flop, lead the turn and call a raise. I guess.

Joopjan
06-18-2005, 06:23 AM
You deftly wanna 3 bet that flop espescially since hes LAG and you have top 2 pair he could be having alot of hands

Spartan1983
06-18-2005, 08:19 AM
3-bet the flop with the 2 spades, If the flush draw wasn't there, then I could see the calling the raise and c/r ing the turn.

Tk79
06-18-2005, 08:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
3-bet the flop with the 2 spades, If the flush draw wasn't there, then I could see the calling the raise and c/r ing the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont like this play against more reasonable opposition at all. This is one of those times where you can pass on a small edge to exploit a larger edge later. If someone does have the flush draw they are getting 2 to one on their bets anyway. Thier hand is only a 2.18 to 1 shot(and they lose very little on the bets that go in on the flop) if you dont count the Ac. If the ace is in their hand its a 1.85 to 1 shot(and they are making money on that bet).

If you wait until the turn you not only keep the pot reasonable size, you also have cut their odds from about 2 to 1 on the flop to worse than 4 to 1.

If a spade falls you saved a bet on the flop. If not you have a much larger edge on any money that may go in now..

However, VPIP80 is not reasonable and seems to call with any 2 cards. A reraise is probably in order as well as a bet on the turn.

Bill C
06-18-2005, 09:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG+1 is LAG (50vpip, 15pfr through 60 hands), MP1 is just horrible (80vpip, 5pfr through 200 hands).

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

River: (14 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Jd Ad (two pair, aces and jacks).
UTG+1 has 9s 7s (one pair, nines).
MP1 has Ah Kc (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 17 BB. </font>

This has become my most used play when I flop a big hand. Bet into field, call and C/R turn if raised, keep hammering if not. Is this a solid line, or am I missing bets by not 3-betting flops and hoping for extra raises later on?

Also, is the pre-flop raise standard? Anyone cap after getting 3-bet by a LAG with someone that will call with literally any two along for the ride?

[/ QUOTE ]

DCIAce, here's how I see it:

The preflop raise is standard. It's a value bet.
I'd 3bet on the flop with the two spades out there. You undoubtedly have the best hand at this point, and want to get more $$ in there while you have the best of it. Plus you want to make draws expensive.
I like and understand your approach on the turn, and use it often myself, but here, youi absolutely don't want to risk the hand being checked through giving a free card, so I'd look at it as a bet/3bet.
Your river bet is again a value bet.
Nice hand! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bill c