PDA

View Full Version : Super short stack strategy shorthanded

mojolang
06-18-2005, 04:34 AM
Ok, I have been having trouble on a short stack heads up. In the typical pokerstars structures, how should one play (13.5k chips in play) when the blinds are at the 200/400 level with a 75 ante, how about the 300/600 level (same ante I think). How does this change 3 handed. Should your chip position affect your decisions. How about if the VAST majority of the prize pool goes to first place?

I've been getting killed here, I can assume due to a large part of luck, but I just want to know the finer science here. How should I be playing 89, and K3 for my chips?

Peace,

Joe

DasLeben
06-18-2005, 05:13 AM
Poosh NIGGA.

Dislcaimer: Drinking

Big Limpin'
06-18-2005, 05:13 AM
alliteration???
always attack, and aim at all antes.

Big Limpin'
06-18-2005, 05:18 AM
(i realize that wassnt very helpful) /images/graemlins/blush.gif
When you are headup, and very shortstacked (or he is), pretty much anything is good enough to get in with. 'Cause the blinds are so big relative to how much $ you can bet.
As far as the payout structure, no, it makes no difference if it pays all to winner, or if 1st pays just barely more then 2nd. Once you are heads up, as long as you win more $ for 1st, that what you try to get.

DasLeben
06-18-2005, 05:24 AM
Alright look...when you're heads-up with blinds 200/400+, you can't take a big blind without lsoing a big parto f your stack. In that cas,e you just have to push with any two sometimes and try to biuld that stack back up. like, if you have t1300 and the blidns are 200/400 and you're in the SB, you have to push with any two...if you fold you're going to have t900 in the BB. if he p[ushes, you have to call with any two, which could not be so good. just push mang.

i've been drinking...well, a lot...so take this advice with a grain of salt. i should really stop posting thoyugh.